1. The End

"Crap I'm late!"

Lee Hyunjin was running down the road towards the cross point whilst the traffic lights were still red. He needed to cross the road fast enough before the lights changed so he could bolt down the other side and hopefully make it to the exam centre on time because if he was even a minute late then they wouldn't let him in so he decided to risk it.

The ten second timer was in its last two seconds the lights flipped to orange by the time he was getting to the middle of the road. Cars were already starting to move.

Lee Hyunjin could see in the corner of his eyes a large truck had already started moving. One second left the light turned green and Lee Hyunjin used all his strength to make it all the way.

He successfully made it to the other side and continued to run whilst the drivers of various vehicles honked their horns in anger at his reckless actions that caused them to slam the breaks in fear of becoming murders.

Lee Hyunjin smirked. Did you honestly think someone like me would be hit by a truck at such an important moment and get transported to another world?

Pffft haha! Something like that is too cool for me...

Rather than that I'd probably die in the most unremarkable way... that's how crappy my life is.

Lee Hyunjin's thoughts were right.

As he was running down the busy market street he didn't see that up ahead a woman and a man were in a heated argument. Just from the look of it you could tell they were likely a couple and the woman was probably having a go at the man for coming home early in the morning completely wasted. He had a half full bottle of beer in his hand and it glinted menacingly in the sunlight.

There were also two children behind the woman who was as fierce as a tiger shaking her fist in the air whilst yelling at the man.

Lee Hyunjin sighed when he finally saw them, he'd have to run right in between them if he wanted to keep going.

Some people had gathered around the two to watch the fight and some grandmothers were even trying to mediate but the woman's roars were loud and ferocious she was really letting it all out despite the two children who were probably hers.

The man who was being verbally shot down just had an irritated and sluggish expression on his face. He didn't speak and in fact it seemed like he wasn't even paying attention to her. He really was drunk.

The woman was even more agitated by this. She reached out and grabbed the bottle from him and that managed to get his attention.

He threw out a flurry of curses at her calling her all sorts of unholy words one shouldn't even mention in front of kids let alone the public.

Lee Hyunjin had just about reached the two of them when the woman's anger boiled to the peak. She swung the beer bottle at the mans head.

At that point it seemed like time slowed down.

Lee Hyunjin could clearly see the bottle getting closer to his head. It was like the three of them were momentarily caught in a deadlock.

Lee Hyunjin calculated miraculously fast and tried to dodge, in fact he'd calculated that this type of death wasn't crappy enough so he was calm until something unexpected happened.

The drunk man sensed the threat to his life and also tried to block the bottle but when he raised his hands to block he ended up pushing Lee Hyunjin and so the crap level rose to a satisfactory point and was approved.

The bottle slammed against Lee Hyunjin's head and pain unlike any other rattled his skull all the way to his brain. Blood immediately spattered from his cracked skull.

He has always been particularly weak from birth but even then, he didn't think he was so weak that one blow from this middle aged woman could so easily send him to the ground?

Just what kind of strength did this woman have? If he were her husband he'd never have dared return home drunk, in fact he'd kowtow to her every morning and make breakfast as an offering to appease her in case she had a nightmare.

Lee Hyunjin's body hit the paved side walk with a dull thud. This was how weak and pathetic he was, to be snuffed out by an angry woman with a beer bottle in the middle of the market street whilst surrounded by grandmothers and other people.

Perhaps it was the alcohol that had splashed when the bottle broke as well, Lee Hyunjin felt a stinging pain in his head and it kept on intensifying.

On the bright side he wasn't even sure he would pass the exam, getting even the average mark would be a miracle for him so maybe dying wasn't so bad.

At that very moment the truck that Lee Hyunjin had ran past when crossing the road lost control and slammed into a bus causing a commotion even greater than Lee Hyunjin's death as other cars swerved to avoid the bus and truck and some even ended up crashing into buildings and trees.

Chaos descended like that on Mungdok street and not far from it many peoples gazes turned to see the thick clouds of smoke rising from there.

Lee Hyunjin's body slowly and silently grew cold just two blocks away from the exam centre.

(A/N: If you like this story please remember to vote and leave a comment! See you in the next chapter)

Also I'm hundred percent sure there's no Mungdok street in South or North Korea..... I made it up😅