Part 34. Insecurities At Play

Hi guys,
Sorry again for updating so late. I am terribly busy at work nowadays. The December year-end is coming close and I need to finish a lot of stuff before the Christmas break. However, I have managed a long part for you this time. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Also, I haven't proofread it. Please ignore errors if you find any, I'll update it once I have some time.

——————————————————————————

The next couple of days passed in a jiffy. The FAB5 had met the next day and had decided that they wouldn't want to take advantage of Cabir's sexuality and the controversy to get new albums. They had decided to wait until the whole issue died down on the Internet on its own and until then, they would make more music. They also decided to speak to the tier 2 companies like Galaxy music label on Manik's insistence. Manik felt that they would be able to squeeze those labels to work things on their terms. The bigger labels wouldn't agree to all their conditions as the smaller labels would and that would ensure they preserved the essence of the band. However, neither of them were very excited about working with these labels but they decided to go with it as they didn't have any other options.

Manik - Guys. Why are you being so negative? These upcoming companies can really give us that break. Trust me.

Alya - I don't know Manik. None of their previous projects have been a big hit. I don't want us to be a flop too because of them.

Cabir - Haan. Pehle sirf item numbers or remixes kiye hai in logon ne. Aur Punjabi gaane record karte hai woh log like 'Woofer tu meri... meri..... main tera amplifier... fire...'

All of them started laughing at Cabir's imitation of the song.

Manik - Dude, you just wait and watch. I have a plan. We'll negotiate a deal with them. And it's just for one album. Agar yeh album hit ho gaya, then we'll have two big hits and then, the rest of the labels will be a cakewalk.

Dhruv - Theek hai. Let's set up a meeting with them.

Cabir - Haan. But let's not do it immediately. Yeh poore social media scandal ko thoda thanda hone de. Let's setup on Friday or Saturday.

Manik - Nahi. I'm not here on the weekend. Next week hi setup karte hai.

Alya - Where are you going over the weekend?

Manik - Nandini and I are going to Bangalore over the weekend. Humaari trip last time cancel ho gayi thi because Dad was over. So we decided to go this weekend.

Mukti - Koi aur weekend chala ja na? Isi weekend jaana zaroori hai?

Manik - Haan yaar. She really wants me to attend this workshop from Harvard Business School and they have one this Friday only. And then we decided we'll check out IIA's campus too?

Dhruv - IIA? What is that?

Manik - Indian Institute of Astrophysics.

Dhruv - Ohh.

Cabir - Theek hai toh next week hi schedule karte hai.

Alya - So you're seriously thinking about business? Harvard Business School?

Manik - I'm just going to find out more about my options and see if I really like business? I'm just keeping an open mind right now. But it won't matter if we actually crack FAB5. That is priority number one.

Cabir - Theek hai. Kab nikal raha hai tu tere honeymoon ke liye?

Manik gave him an angry glare for being so cheesy.

Manik - Friday morning and I'll be back on Sunday night.

Mukti - Theek hai. Cabir, I'll come and chill with you and Navya.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें