Say Hello

It was a waiting game, the twins could come any day now. Sukara was lounging on the sofa, reading in quiet, with her legs over Kai when they heard a splashing sound come from the kitchen.

"Shit," they heard Kuvira mutter to herself.

"You okay?" Sukara called from where she was sitting, "did you drop something?"

"Um... Not exactly," she called back.

There was a pause, then a sharp groan of pain which caused Sukara to shoot up from the sofa and run through to the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Sukara asked frantically, trying to take in what was going on.

There was a pool of water on the floor and Kuvira was clinging to the counter, trying to hold herself up. Sukara immediately rushed forward to help her stand.

"Babies," Kuvira panted, "the boys are coming."

"Right, okay," Sukara nodded, a little dazed and panicked as she stood with Kuvira's fingers digging into her shoulder, "uh... Got to get Kya. Right. Um... And you need to sit down? Lay down? Uh... Get Kya first."

Kai had followed Sukara in to see what was going on. He could feel his heart racing so fast it hurt as he stood not sure what to do.

"Do I call her?" Sukara asked, looking up at Kai, "Do I go get her? Is she even going to be at the island?"

"I'll go," Kai said, happy to be able to do something, "stay here with Kuvira, I'll go get Kya."

With that, he ran for the door. Grabbing his glider on the way past as he didn't have his flight suit on and there was no time to change.

--

It didn't take long until Kai came back with a very windswept Kya. She had a smile on her face all the same, she was used to airbenders by know.

"Are you ready?" Kya chirped, walking past Kai to help Sukara support Kuvira.

"I don't think I really have a choice," Kuvira groaned as another contraction came.

#####

Kuvira felt so out of it as she lay on the bed. Even with a head full of hormones, she remembered Sukara lifting her out of the bath Kya had brought over a while ago and taking her to the bed so that she'd be more comfortable.

She could feel her wife's head rested on her hand so she looked down to see that Sukara was sat bent over next to the bed with one hand in the cot where the twins where sleeping. Kuvira didn't even try and contain her smile as she looked over at them all.

There was a soft knock at the door, causing Kuvira and Sukara to look up to see Kai's face peering in.

"Hi," he whispered with a smile, glancing down at the new borns, "Voya wants to come see you, but I wanted to check that you were awake first."

"It's okay," Kuvira whispered, "you can both come in. Just be quiet, I think they're asleep."

Kai nodded and turned to talk to Voya, "we gotta be super quiet, okay?"

He got an enthusiastic nod and took her by the hand, leading her into the room. Sukara sat up, letting Voya climb onto her lap. The four year old leant forward, looking at her brothers as they slept.

End of part 3