12 | Honeysuckle Honeymoon Pt. 1

L O R E N Z O

L O R E N Z O

I hate her.

She drives me mad.

God, I just fucking hate her.

My eyes were stuck to her sleeping form, curiously watching the way her pink lips set into natural pout. Little light breaths came out of her as she snuggled up with my pillow.

Killing her would be simple, it would my make life easier.

I knew I couldn't kill her, however.

I owed her and I was painfully aware of the fact.

Catalina started to mumble in her sleep and I felt my protective instincts kick in when her facial expression showed signs of discomfort.

Fragmented and incoherent sentences began to fill the air, making me move towards her so that I could calm her down.

"Shh, è solo un sogno." I tried my best to speak softly as to not disturb her sleep.

It's just a dream.

My voice did anything but cease her discomfort; I was convinced I had made it worse, even. Not knowing what to do or how to help, I tentatively brought my hand to her cheek and cradled it.

Catalina flinched at my touch, her grip on the pillow tightening.

Loosening my hold on her, I softly brushed the back of my hand against her skin. Her mumbles soon died out and dissolved into the quiet air, making my body relax.

I slowly- appreciatively, took in her appearance, enjoying the way how serenity now surrounded her. 

Even in her sleep she managed to make me seethe with frustration.

"Quit being a creep 'n watching me sleep, dude," she spoke, her voice raspy and drenched with sleep.

My face warmed all while Catalina stretched and let out a satisfied groan into the pillow she was cuddling. "That stretch was so good it had my patootie clenching."

How was she so full of energy already? It's fucking annoying.

Ignoring her, I walked away to go take a shower.  Today was going to require patience and focus, and the extra member we had with us this time made me not so sure of how seamlessly we'd be able to follow through with the kill.