thirteen

𝗡𝗢 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗜'𝗠 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗬 𝗪𝗔𝗬

✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*

the two boys left haru to prepare dinner and headed up to wooyoung's bedroom. san still felt awkward in the home and questioned why he was letting the wall that he spent years building just break before him. the mask that he wore around everyone, with the exception of seonghwa, had disappeared around who he thought he hated most, the jung family.

"what's on your mind?" wooyoung asked the older as he flopped on to his bed, watching san's every move. san awkwardly sat on the end of the bed and shrugged.

"why do you care?"

wooyoung furrowed his eyebrows and sat upright, tilting his head as he looked at the boy with concern.

"san, can you tell me why we stopped being friends?" san scoffed and tore his eyes away from the younger.

"you're going to just act like you know nothing?" san's voice grew louder, making the blonde jump. 

"san, i really don't know what you're talking about." wooyoung whispered and san's head snapped to look at him. he felt his heart drop at the look on wooyoung's face and almost scared himself with the guilt he felt. he was supposed to despise the boy in front of him but here he was feeling bad just for scaring him.

maybe mingi was right.

maybe wooyoung really was innocent and knew nothing.

"do you really know nothing?" san asked which a much quieter voice and wooyoung nodded.

"i don't know what i did, so please let me know so i can apologize." san sighed at these words, running a hand through his hair.

"i'll tell you someday, maybe."

wooyoung nodded and shot the boy a smile, satisfied with the answer. he was expecting a simple no, so hearing a maybe was like winning the lottery to him.

"hey san?"

"what?"

"are we friends?"

san stared at the blonde, who had a grin plastered on his face, with a raised eyebrow.

"i'll think about it."

and once again, wooyoung was overjoyed with the answer.

a/n: if you read plushies, you'll definitely recognize the next chapter so,,,

sorry in advance, hehe