Chapter 17 - Hawa (ہوا)

"Agar nahi theek tabiyat tho wapis chalte hein"
Laiba reconfirmed.

The couple had decided to start ticking of activities from the list Laiba had made last night. Right now they stood in line for the over-shore zip wire. Which was exciting as it is but also quite high which made it look quite dangerous. As they moved further in line the happy excitement decreases and the danger anxiety increased.

It was finally their turn to be harnessed. Putting on all the safety wear they gripped each other's hands. A worker told them he'd push them on the count of three.

"3...2..."

"Wait wait wait wait..I'm not ready..not yet" Laiba screamed.

She looked over the tip of the cliff and all she saw was deep waters below her, that too at quite a distance. She took a few deep breaths in and looked over at Arif. Who was oddly quiet.

"Excuse me sir...I uh think my husbands too scared..maybe we shouldn't do it"

She put the blame on Arif because she didn't want to admit to chickening out herself.

"What!..no way, we're doing this!" Arif said, almost offended for being made look like a scaredy-cat.

"Are you sure?"

Arif gave the worker a knowing look. And began counting himself now.

"3.2.1"

"Aaaaaaghaahhhahhhhhhhhhhgghgh"

She screamed at the top of her lungs when she felt the floor beneath her feet disappear. She clung on to his arm and began chanting "I'm gonna kill you!".

"Kill me later. Right now open your eyes" he said to her smilingly.

The view was breathtaking. They were mid-way through the zip line and considerably closer to earth now too. She peeked an eye open and was awe-struck.
Opening both her eyes she looked around, feeling as if she was flying. The fear was definitely worth it.

"Omg I'm flyingggggg" she squealed and he laughed.

When they got off both their faces were red due to the air pressure. They both got of in a daze, amazed by the dreamy ride they just had.

"O M G! We have to do that again!!" Laiba jumped.
"Let's go again. Let's go let's go" she began taking herself back in line.

"The lines so long"

"Yeah but it was so fun. We have to do it againnn!"

"Ok how about let's do some other things, when the line is short we'll come back"

"Hmph. Okay" she half smiled.

"Chalo ice cream kaho gi?"

"Naiki or puch puch"
———-

They came back knackered to the hotel suite after several outdoor activities. They found an envelope left on their bed, left by room services. Arif picked up the envelope and peeled it open. It revealed an evening boat party invitation for on honeymoon couples.

"Oh wow...let's get ready..itne din hogaye me ache se tayar nahi hui"

"Abhi 3 din pehle literally dulhan banke tayar hui thi"

"Han tho kya hua. Kya abh me ek bar dulhan bangayi tho me kabhi tayar hi nahi hungi?
Acha woh choro, ap kya pehnoge?"

"Me kuch bhi pehnlunga"

"Kuch Acha pehna..dunya ko pata lgna chahiye ke bhaye Laiba ka shohr araha he" she raised an imaginary collar.

He liked how that sounded from her mouth.

"Haha. Acha, tho ap hi bataye kya pehna chahiye"

"Me batao? Sahi ruko me nikalti hu kapre, matching pehnte he, sahi?"

"Jesi apki marzi" he came forward and placed a peck on her forehead.

She stumbled back with a nervous smile and just moved towards the suitcases. Palming down the random blood rush to her face she sat down on the floor near the suitcases. Unzipping them and digging through them a little she realised they didn't really bring any party wear with them. Well he did, he had a navy blue suit, which per habit he kept with him as an 'incase something formal occurs' outfit. She frowned seeing that she didn't have anything of that sort. All her clothes were mostly casual wear.

"Mere pas kapre hi nahi hai" she turned his way with a disappointed pout.

"Itney tho leke ayi ho" he came next to her, looking over her suitcase too.

"Lekin yeh party me pehne ke thori hein!!"

"Yeh dekho this is nice" he pulled out a long folded red silk material.

"Do you even know what that is? Put it down! Don't touch my clothes" she snatched the long night gown from him.

It was a seductive piece of clothing, forced by Pareesa to take with her. Even though Laiba had refused allot Pareesa managed to slip it into her bag.

"Acha Acha. Chalo abhi thora time hai, let's buy something...baki sab ke liye gifts bhi lelenge"

And she nodding my agreed.
——
After visiting the local places they found it quite interesting, the place was actually quite culturally rich, they mentally decided to come tour outside more the next day.
After guidance from the locals they arrived at one of the most popular malls of the place.
Rummaging through the different shops she couldn't find a single dress of her liking, it began to irritate her now.

"Kuch pasand aya?"

"Kahan...kese ajeeb-o-ghareeb dress hein sarey..koi ek adh sahi lagey tho ya tho uski sleeves nahi hongi, yah backless hoga..bus ajeeb kaprey hein tsh"

"Yeh wala kesa hai?"

He pulled out a black silk dress, silk was clearly something he wanted to see her in. It was a plain dress but it sparkled with elegance. It had full sleeves, a small sweetheart neckline and it flowed to floor length.

"Oh my..why did I not see this anywhere" she said snatching the dress.

Buying a few gifts and the dress the couple left to the hotel to get ready.
Turning back to back they changed their clothes. Well it wasn't as easily as it just sounded, there was allot of Laiba screaming 'I can see you' making sure he won't look at her. When both were dressed appropriately enough Laiba spun around.

"Look" she called him.

And his eyebrows raised as his eyes widened, appreciating the way she looked. She rushed to the little dressing table and began pinning the front strands of her hair making her hair look neat. Applying a little bit of lipstick, just enough to tint her lips to a rosy shade, she then coated her lashes with mascara and then placed in her round penny like studs. Lifting her hand which had her wedding ring on it she posed in the mirror admiring herself a little. She only stoped when she noticed him in the mirror right behind her.

"Uh..haha chalein?"

"You look....beautiful. Mashallah" he slowly whispered.

She lowered her eyes as she couldn't maintain eye contact with him when his eyes held such intensity. Her cheeks began matching colours with her lip when she felt him lean forward to kiss her cheek.

"Let's go" he smiled to her who seemed stiff in her place.

———
A/N;
This was a slow update, sorryyyyy.
But technically within 24 hours of the last update. Hence, counts as a double update 🙈 lol.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें