Don't Let The Memories Blind You

// Huge thanks to everyone for the votes, I had no idea this was going to get noticed. I appreciate all of you <3 \\
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TW: Cursing, Yelling

"You had one job. You couldn't do one thing for me! You couldn't do one! Just one thing, and it was for your own good! So y'know... if the roles were- if the roles were reversed, as you said, yeah! Yeah, you probably wouldn't exile me. 'Cause I would have actually listened to you and done what you said! And had a couple ounces of respect! You've messed this up for no one but yourself."

Trickles of a nearby river was the only response Tubbo got. Tommy stood, frowning at Tubbo, who had just yelled at him. He looked around for anyone to be on his side or to back him up, but they all stood behind Tubbo. Sighing, he turned his head to look to the growing walls. Was he really mad?

"...Selfish."

Tommy's head jerked towards Tubbo, who was glaring, his fists clenched tightly. Tubbo had always been a kind hearted soul, open for acceptance and always forgiving. He rarely called people names, and if he did, it was always a joke.

He had screwed up.

Tears stung, threatening to spill out of Tommy's eyes. Tubbo looked unfamiliar, a scowl etched into his face, his eyebrows furrowed.

Wiping his eyes, he let the tears fall. Nobody had ever seen Tommy cry, especially because he had always claimed to be an alpha male, but now, his reputation didn't matter. He had been yelled at by Dream, he was losing Tubbo, and he felt like the entire world was against him.

In one jerky movement, Tommy ripped off a necklace that hung from his neck. A silver chain with a small green note attached to it. He tossed it onto the ground, causing Tubbo's scowl to melt into a gasp, stumbling to the floor and clutching the necklace. When he looked back up, Tommy was running away into the forest.

Hot tears ran down his face as he hysterically sobbed, hiccupping as he bolted into a forest. He stumbled to a tree, his breath hitching as he tried to suck in air aggressively. Sliding his back against the tree, he buried his pink face into his palms, breath shaky.

"Breathe, kid. In, out, in out..." A voice began, rubbing circles on Tommy's back. There was a cold aura surrounding him, but it wasn't an evil cold.

Tommy listened, slowly yet surely calming down. Hiccups remained, but his breath slowed. He opened his eyes, his head slowly raising to see who was helping him. He expected it to be maybe Eret, since everyone else hated him. However, as he looked up, his eyes were met with...

Wilbur's?

"W-Wilbur?" Tommy gasped, the cold night air mixed with the chilly aura of Wilbur causing him to shiver.

Wilbur's eyes shot open, "You can see me?"

Tommy nodded, "I-I... you're dead!"

Wilbur gulped. Of course he had been spotted before, by Fundy, Eret, Tubbo, and a few select others. However, he hadn't ever had a face-to-face interaction with his brother since he died. He had just assumed that Tommy couldn't see him.

"Yeah, I thought you couldn't see me."

Tommy shook his head, embracing his ghost brother in a tight hug, however he fell over, falling through Will, a cold air going through his body.

He repositioned himself upwards, wanting nothing more than one of Wilbur's famous bear hugs. He had never felt more alone than right now.

Wilbur seemed to notice, wrapping his ghost arms around Tommy. Instead of phasing through him, they felt similar to real arms, radiating warmth instead of cold now. Tommy attempted to lean into Will, trying to show that he was thankful.

"I know about everything that's going on, Tommy. You should make amends with Tubbo and go see Techno," Wilbur began, glancing to Tommy.

"I threw my necklace at him," Tommy sighed guiltily, "He'll never want to see me again."

"Listen, Tommy. Think about Tubbo. Does he seem like the kind of guy that would hold grudges? Especially grudges against you out of everyone?" Wilbur asked sympathetically, rubbing Tommy's arm.

That really doesn't sound like a Tubbo thing, does it?

Tommy shook his head, guiltily turning away. It was foolish to think Tubbo would hate him, but a dark voice in the back of his mind told him otherwise. It told him that Tubbo definitely hated him, and that it was permanent. Maybe that voice was being reasonable.

Despite the dark thoughts, Wilbur's soothing voice rang through his head. Tubbo holding grudges and staying angry was very unlikely.

"I think," Wilbur began, leaning against the tree, glancing over at Tommy, "You should go apologize to him."

Tommy sighed and nodded, knowing that Wilbur was right. He couldn't avoid his best friend forever.

"Come, I'll lead you there," Wilbur smiled happily, standing up and holding a hand out to Tommy, who grabbed it and stood.

Wilbur walked out of the forest and led Tommy back to L'Manburg. Tubbo, Quackity, and Fundy were discussing something, probably how to get rid of the growing obsidian walls Dream had built. However, as Tommy and Wilbur got closer, they saw Dream was there with them, and what Tommy assumed was discussing was actually arguing.

"Hey, guys," Tommy said softly, getting the attention of the four. They turned around, Tubbo guiltily glancing away.

"Tommy," Quackity said gently, relief evident in his voice, "Are you okay, man?"

Tommy simply nodded, walking up to Tubbo. The boy was avoiding eye contact.

"Tubbo, listen, I'm sorry for freaking out on you. I should've just listene-"

"Tommy, please leave."

He glanced around, tilting his head, confused. Quackity's small smile had turned into full blown rage, and Fundy's ears were flattened against his head, his fur spiking up as he growled. Dream was smirking.
"We had just agreed to not side with this green bastard!" Quackity yelled, pointing an accusing finger at Tubbo. 
"He's been our enemy for so long, and now you're just doing what he says?!" Fundy snarled. 
Tubbo simply shook his head.

"We need to think logically. We can't beat them in any war, and Tommy is the..." Tubbo glanced over at Tommy, shifting uncomfortably before murmuring, "...problem."

The yells of Quackity and Fundy were drowned out by Tommy's emotions. Sorrow, guilt, and regret bubbled inside of him. The words had hit him like a physical blow, causing his posture to noticeably falter. 
"Come on, Tommy," Wilbur said gently, grabbing his hand softly before guiding him away, "Let's go see Techno."

The only one who noticed Tommy leaving was Dream, his eyes, although hidden behind a mask, wild with excitement. He was winning.

|| 1129 words ||