Spencer

I hate sand. However, I love Ophelia.

So this trip to a beach on South Padre Island will be worth getting into the sand.

"Here, hold out your hand," She tells me, holding the bottle of sunscreen out, ready to give me some. I hold my hand out and she puts a dollop in my palm. "I'll get your back."

While I rub the sunscreen onto my chest and arms, she does the same for my back. Then, she moves to do my legs for me.

Her hands slip up my swim shorts just slightly, making me swat them away. "Hey, stop that."

The girl giggles. "Sorry, it was an accident."

"No, it wasn't," I laugh and shake my head at her. "You've been all over me today."

"I think I'm just frustrated from this morning," She sits beside me, closing up the bottle of sunscreen and putting it back into the tote bag that she brought.

I press a kiss to her cheek. "I'll make up for that when we get back, I promise."

"I know you will," She winks at me before getting up and offering me her hand. "Want to go in the water?"

I take her hand and she helps pull me to my feet before I follow her toward the water, where everyone but us has already flocked to. Her dad, Kass, and Gabe are swimming, but Ellie is sitting halfway to the shore in the wet sand making a sandcastle.

"You don't want to go in?" Lia stops and crouches beside the little girl.

"I'm scared of sharks," Ellie whispers to Ophelia rather loudly.

"Aw," My girlfriend coos, brushing her sister's hair back with her hand. "El, there's no sharks unless you go way, way out. If we stay up front here, we'll be fine."

Ellie looks out at the water for a few seconds before getting up. "Are you sure?"

"Yes! If there were sharks in the water, they would have the red and purple flags up. The water is safe, so they have the green flag up," Lia points to a distant flag pole. "But if it makes you feel better, I can give you a piggy back ride so you can see into the water before I let you down."

The ten year old smiles and nods. "Okay!"

I watch as Ophelia crouches and her sister hops onto her back, wrapping her arms around Lia's neck and her legs around her waist.

Lia looks over at me with a big smile. "Race you to the water, Spence!"

With that, she's taking off and Ellie is laughing her head off as she runs.

I break into a sprint and run after them, but they make it first. I watch Lia survey the water with her sister on her back, feeling a fuzzy, butterfly-type feeling in my stomach.

I really do love Ophelia. Seeing her interact with her little sister like this just makes me want a future with her even more. I can picture having kids with her, being a family...

Lia sets Ellie down in the water after the two look around for a few minutes. She then turns and makes her way over to me, taking my hands and guiding me further into the water.

"It's pretty warm," She smiles up at me, still walking backwards and holding my hands. "You okay?"

I nod. "I'm great, Lia."