4

Cade's POV
----------------
"Miss Adams, please make sure my car is ready, I will be leaving in 10 minutes." "Yes sir, anything else before you leave?" she spoke kindly. She was aware I was far from happy with this deal my father had made. I could tell she was walking on eggshells around me, of course I would never hurt her but I still appreciate the gesture.

I still couldn't stop thinking about Anna, I was about to meet my future wife, and I was still drooling over a girl I meet at the campus I donate too.

I gave Marie one last smile before heading to my father's office.

"You asked to see me Father" "Ah yes Cade, we need to discuss some things before we head off to the gala, have a seat son" I took at seat wanting this conversation to over as soon as possible. I didn't particularly hate my father but he wasn't great. He was getting up in age though so I had to be kind. Last thing I need is to suddenly take over his businesses because he has a heart attack. "I know you are less than excited for this arrangement, but an alliance with the Montgomery's will be very beneficial to you. Once you takeover and have your wife, you of course can choose to keep the alliance. But for right now, you need them on our side. While they are horrible in every sense, we need their shipment boat the year. Also it seems the Vipers are possibly planning an attack tonight, so stay armed, stay alert, and prove to the Montgomery's you can protect Miss Collins if the Vipers go through with the attack." He started. "Ok Father anymore information I should know about them or Miss Collins?" "The Montgomery's seem to treat Collins less than adequate. From what my men have gathered, John and Phyllis received custody of Andrea after her parents and younger brother died in a car crash 7 years ago when Andrea was 12 years old. John was her mother's brother and they treated her terribly compared to Andrea's cousins." typical. My father continued on telling me how Andrea was possibly mentally abused by her aunt and sexually abused by her oldest cousin, so my guess was correct. Even if I wasn't pleased by the deal, I was hell bent on protecting this girl. She would never have to go through that again now that she had me.

I haven't even meet the girl yet but I feel the urge to protect her with my life. I walk to my car that has been pulled up. Time to save Andrea Collins. 

On my way to the gala, once again Anna slipped into my mind. Her smile was gorgeous and fit perfectly on her freckled face. Ah man and those emerald green eyes of hers. Anna was beautiful, but I was about to marry someone else. I needed Anna to leave my head alone. I didn't even know her last name, I could get it if I wanted but I'm marrying Andrea. Anna will probably think I'm some scum bag cheater like that ex. But I'm nothing like that.

Yes I have my whores, I kill people, sell drugs and others things, but I'm loyal. I have never had a girlfriend but I know I would never cheat. But dating is dangerous for someone like me. My enemies and allies with think I would have gone soft. I would worry about letting my guard down. If I'm not careful and alert it could end in my death and many others as well.

I plan to keep Andrea safe, but I plan to have no romantic connection with her. She and I will have separate rooms and will never engage in anything slightly sexual. I decided that the minute I found out about arrangement.

Finally I roll up to the Montgomery mansion, they can afford this place but not a decent educated for their niece and now they sell her. I already hate John and Phyllis.

I give the valet my keys and walk in. Time to meet my wife.

Anna's POV
-----------------
"There has to be another way Uncle." I say pleadingly, I'm a 2nd year Stanford Medical student with a full ride. Now it's all being taken away because my uncle needs Mr. Grey for his illegal businesses. I have never hated my uncle, but now I think I do hate him. "Now now dear, everything will be fine. Maybe if you are kind enough to Mr Grey he will let you continue your studies. But that is out of my hands" yep I hate him.

I have never been involved with any of his businesses, I stayed out of the way when his odd guests were over. I never asked questions, what could I have possibly done to deserve this.

Sadly I already knew the answer. I was a burden to him. After my parents died, he was responsible for me. I wad given the bare minimum, but still I was disturbing their life style.

My Uncle continued to force me down the stairs, once in the ballroom I made my way straight to the bar.

Even though I was still 19, I needed a drink. This was all to much to handle sober. Maybe if I embarrassed myself enough they wouldn't make me go through with this. Maybe.

God, if there was anytime to kill me, know would be the time.

The bar tender handed me a vodka soda. I felt my nerves start to calm as I sipped the drink. Maybe I can get through this. Maybe Mr. Grey would actually be kind and my uncle was trying to scare me. I hope my maybes were correct. But the man is about to takeover one of largest criminal organizations in the world. Who am I kidding.

"Wow Anna, you don't look half bad." Macie said from behind me with a snicker. "Hey Macie, I would say you look good but the plastic in your face and boobs make everything look horrible" I snap back her. "Oh look who is all brave all the sudden. Mr Grey won't protect you Anna, so I would wipe the smile off your peasant face" she snapped at me. I definitely struck a nerve with her but I didn't care anymore. I meant nothing to them, so why would treat them like the meant something to me.

I saw my uncle rush to the door. Mr. Grey must be here, I hope this goes well.