4.

Giselle
Hours later (3pm)

"I guess Mila gon' hog your ass all summer, GG." Lani and Angel walked down the staircase as Mila and I sat on the porch out in front of my grandma's house.

They'd been arguing damn near the entire time I'd been back about Mila being the only one being able to spend time with me.

"Shut up. This is my favorite cousin, y'all wasn't that worried before she got here." Mila snaked her neck as they flagged her off, walking down the block and I couldn't help but to smile.

This was just like old days.

Mila and her sisters used to always get into it. They never argued with Tone though, he was the big brother and all of them knew not to fuck with him.

"Y'all are crazy." I shook my head.

"They're just mad because I got my partner in crime back." She smiled, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"We're about to turn up this summer." She went on and I nodded in approval.

This summer was going to be one for the books. It was only right since I never had the chance to do it the summer after graduation.

"Mom mom talked to you about the store already?" She asked and I nodded, watching the little kids play basketball in the street.

"Yeah, I did. She said we can have the summer off?"

"Yeah, she usually give us the summer off now because she got some new people working there." She scoffed, waving it off.

"I ain't complaining." I admitted, making her smile.

"So how have you been, G? Give me the details." She begged and I shrugged carelessly.

"Honestly, I've been bored, Mila. I mean, I traveled a lot but I never made any new friends or anything because every time we got settled somewhere, we'd move soon after."

"So I didn't really do much for three whole years." I admitted and she rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

"Whole time, shit has been wild as fuck out here."

"You could've been out here with me, living life like we planned after graduation but your mama had to make you move." She rolled her eyes.

"I know.." I trailed off.

"But you're back now. And ain't nobody taking you away from me this time." She sassed before we both chuckled, smiling to ourselves.

"I can't lie though, Mila. I feel so out of place now." I admitted, looking down at my hands and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?"

"I don't know, girl. It's just been so long."

"Okay but you're back now." She shrugged.

"Ain't no dwelling on the past. You didn't have a choice and you had to leave. Now you're back and that's that."

"I mean everybody's been talking about you since yesterday when we first got the news. So, of course, it spread around the hood quick and now everybody got something to say but none of that matters."