Arc 1 Chapter 1: Meeting the Sword Saint

*So this will be an AU of Re: Zero. This will focus on much of the lore and such, however there are many changes. For one, there is no Witch Cult so most of the Canon events regarding the characters are changed to how I would think they would become. There will be a different cult later on. Second, I'll mess with time a bit and move some characters up. Finally, I'll be creating my own creature and replace Satella with that. Now onto the story!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arc 1: The End Of The Beginning

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luginica, 398 Years and 9 months after the Great Calamity

April 1 

Walking through the streets of Luginica was a 17 year old demi-human with blue hair, blue wolf ears, and red eyes. She was currently walking through the streets of the Capitol when she stopped by the appa store she always went to.

The man running the store wore a bandanna and was very muscular. He had a stern looking face and when he spoke he had a deep threatening voice.

In contrast to his appearance, the man was a very nice person who had a loving wife and daughter. He also gave extra appas to her due to her being a frequent customer.

After she bought ten appas in which the man gave eleven. Taking one out and biting a piece, she saw a restaurant that sold her favorite burgers. Due to her enormous appetite, they even named a burger after her due to how much profit she made them. 

Quickly finishing the appa, she went inside and got the Pendragon burger which was a burger composed of regular lettuce, tomatoes, copious amounts of meat patty's, and a bit of salt.

She eventually went off to deposit the appa core in a secluded place in the slums where there was a big patch of grass to grow trees.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The abandoned ruins where Theresia Van Astrea met Wilhelm Trias

Upon reaching the area, she used earth magic to dig up a piece of the ground and buried the appa core.

There were many trees growing, the saplings sprouted from the appa cores she planted. The people of the slums actually shared the appas enough that the trees managed to survive.

"It's quite admirable to spend the time to plant these."

The interloper startled her out of her thoughts as she turned to look at the person.

Due to the suddenness of the voice, and the fact that she couldn't sense him with her demi-human senses, she was wary.

"I thank you for that. It is quite rude to sneak up on someone though."

She chose her words carefully as she slowly put herself in a position where she could run away.

Normally she would knock any interlopers out but as she was in the capitol, she couldn't cause too much attention to herself.

"I apologize for that, unfortunately I was born like this so I have no control over this."

The red haired man was speaking in a clear voice. His presence was that of one that could be felt by everyone. She imagined that if he were to walk down a street, mostly everyone would stop what they were doing and give their attention to him.

"My name is Reinhard and I need you to help me with something. I can't explain it here so we'll have to go to the Astrea Manor for me to explain."

He didn't need to introduce himself. Regarded as the strongest individual in the kingdom and considered a knight among knights, Reinhard Van Astrea was one of the most well known names in the world.

"My name is Alexis, while I do appreciate the fact that you spent all this effort to find me, I don't do well in the nobility sector so you'll have to find another place."

"Unfortunately there can't be any other place, the information that I'm going to tell you must be told immediately."

"Ul Shamak"

A plume of shadow magic was directed toward Reinhard and numbed all of his senses. Alexis took off, regulating her speed so she didn't crash into anyone. He shouldn't've been able to catch up, and yet-.

"I apologize for this but I hope you can forgive me once you wake up."

Alexis was suddenly kicked in the neck as she fell to the ground, losing consciousness as she did so. The only thing that ran through her mind was.

"Why me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Astrea Manor

Alexis began to wake up as she slowly regained feeling in her body. Carefully sensing her surroundings, she didn't feel anyone there. She decided to get up anyway since if Reinhard was there, he would've greeted her already.

Getting up as she rubbed her sore neck, she began to look around the guest room she was in. It had a wardrobe, a cabinet, and a window with a wide variety of flowers in vases.

Carefully opening the door, she peeked her head out and looked both ways. There was no one there.

She sneakily walked out as she saw all of her equipment neatly sorted out on a table. She walked closer to get it when then-.

She was suddenly flying through the air. Not realizing what had happened, she yelped as she was suddenly caught.

"I apologize for this again but you did force me to knock you out."

Alexis looked up at the infuriating red headed smile. Rage and embarrassment filled her head from how easily he knocked her out and from how close their faces were. Not saying a word, she freed herself from Reinhard's hands and looked at him with an extremely red face.

"And why exactly did you go through all the trouble of looking for me?" She said looking him right in the eye.

"If it would calm you, I can make coffee for you and we can discuss this in the kitchen." Reinhard said as he began walking towards the kitchen.

"He didn't even let me answer!" Alexis thought as she followed him.

In the kitchen as Reinhard poured two cups of coffee and served them to the table. Alexis picked one up as she raised it to her lips to drink.

"The reason that I knocked you out was a matter concerning the kingdom-"

Alexis spat out the coffee in the sink as she looked at it mortified.

"This has salt in it! What how do you mistaken salt for sugar!?!"

Reinhard wordlessly dumped the cups of coffee and served new ones in the blink of an eye. Alexis looked at the cup warily.

"You don't need to worry about the coffee anymore, the [Divine Blessing of Salt Reasoning] will make sure that never happens again." Reinhard said as he sat back down.

"What were you talking about?" Alexis said as she sipped at her coffee.

"A few weeks ago, the kingdom of Luginica has recieved a prophecy. It is one of great danger and must be addressed immediately." Reinhard spoke this with uncharacteristic seriousness.

"What is the prophecy?" Alexis said, her full attention on Reinhard.

"On the day the sky aligns, the The Great Dreamer will return. Only the warriors with the blessings of the heroes will be able to defeat the unspoken horror."

"So this prophecy says that only the people with the Divine Blessings of the Sage, Dragon, and Sword Saint can defeat him?" Alexis said as she pondered.

"Yes that is correct. I have to ask of you to join the Royal Guard." Reinhard said as he looked at Alexis.

Alexis was in deep thought until she replied.

"I'll join if you....."

And as the day ended, Alexis Pendragon's life was about to change forever.