FORTY TWO

I paced back and forth in Tino's library while he sat on his chair with a cigarette in between his lips, watching me over the top of the book in his hand

I didn't shoot Miranda and I regretted it. It was like the feeling you got while standing in the shower after an argument, thinking about all the things you wished you could've said. The many things you could've done.

Her red vermilion dress clung to her body and I knew I would have preferred the little angel in her pink knee length nightdress over her. I'd pick Wuraola again and again even if I was to be damned to hell for that answer.

Our angel was somewhere on the second floor of the library, reading the book Tino had gotten her and chomping down on chocolates because I told her that I was making breakfast tomorrow.

Spoiled brat.

I couldn't stop thinking about it. Wura's brother and now, Miranda? What was the empty headed whore doing here now? Why did she come back after leaving? -or at least after Tino made her leave.

I frowned unconsciously and shook my head. We never talked about how Tino even got her to leave and I would never have found out if she didn't mention it. We never talked about it. I didn't see the need because it was what was best for us. I would've never found the strength to ask her to leave.

She was toxic. We were a bad combination but it was almost obsessive how I ignored that and wanted her so badly.

My mind reeled back to the conversation we had right in front of the house.

"I came back for you, Gianni! You! I-I regret leaving but Tino made me leave. He threatened me with a gun...a gun, Gianni!" she whispered, eyes watering like in one of those grade F movies she 'starred' in.

"Three" my hands were itching to pull the trigger but I knew I couldn't. My only regret was not having a silencer.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. Blue eyes shining. I would never lie, she had beautiful eyes but they disgusted me. If she didn't have eyes like that, she'd certainly have nothing special about her.

I couldn't pull the trigger because Wura would hear it. And then she'd run out of the house because her curiosity knew no bounds. And then she'd see me, look at me like the monster I was instead of the angel she made me feel like I was.

"Tino doesn't have to be a part of our home if he doesn't want to, Gigi! It could be us. I know how bad-"

"Four" I called, only a few feet away from her as she looked up at me while the gun was only a few inches from her forehead.

"I'll let you off with a warning, baby. Fuck. off" I stared into her eyes, my hand shaking from how hard it was to stop myself from pulling the trigger.

"The next time I see you -coincidence or not, I'll take your eyes out and let you go" I growled and she shook as her breath hitched with the gun pressed against her forehead.

"You realize how easy it is for me to pull a trigger and end your filthy life, yes?" She nodded, eyes shut. I pulled the gun back and smacked it lightly against her cheek before I took steps back.

"Go on, doll"

She climbed into the car, her hands were clearly shaking as she glanced at me, her eyes expressing a promise as she drove off.

I knew it wouldn't be the last time. The bitch could be quite determined, I'd give her that. But the next time, I would be doing just what I said I would.

I'd take her fucking eyes out and let her go.

"What's wrong?" Tino called and I glanced at him as he put his cigarette out, tapping it against the glass ashtray. His hair was in a bun and he was wearing a shirt with a pair of sweatpants. I wore the same seeing as we didn't have much to do the rest of the day.

"Her brother said he wants her back" I sat at the edge of the table and Tino raised a brow. I sighed and turned to him for a better view.

"Her brother, I loaned him some money and you know how this shit works." Tino nodded because he knew just how it worked. My papa had wanted to put him in the family business but he refused.

"He couldn't pay back, so, he offered me his sister as payment. Wura" His lips parted and he hesitated before nodding.

"Now, he says he wants her back...the fucking animal" I snarled thinking back to the message. My anger began to rise until he placed his palms on my thighs.

"Calamati, Gianni. What's the worst he could do? Threaten to take her away but we both know she's never going back to that...that cage she was put in. Si?" His words reassured me and I knew it was because of the confidence in his tone.

"If he touches a hair on her head...I'll kill him myself. Hmm?" I smiled, feeling much more reassured as he patted my thigh and went back to the book in his hand.

 Hmm?" I smiled, feeling much more reassured as he patted my thigh and went back to the book in his hand

Hello darlings!

I'm too lazy to edit so, if you see 'Imade' where Wura's name should be, please let me know!
Anddd...Excuse the randomness of my update schedule. Naturally, I was going to just write all chapter offline until I'm done with those writing classes but I think this works best!
Don't forget to let me know what you think! Vote, comment, share, add to your reading lists and follow!
Enjoy!
-Aduke🌹