3. Jaguar & Me

The creature that was using him as a pillow was large and black. It's blackish-grey fur had dark spots like a cheetahs all over.

It looked much like a jaguar, an oversized jaguar. Currently the jaguar was asleep and it's tongue was hanging out of its mouth oddly cute but more scary.

Lee Hyunjin finally managed to move his feet away from the cave. He didn't know where he was going but anywhere far enough away from the overgrown Jaguar was fine.

When he thought it was safe to, he quickly bolted without stopping. He was determined to get as far away as possible. Then mid way he tripped on a tree root that was poking out of the ground.

Lee Hyunjin crashed face first into the damp grassy floor of the forest. He frowned and picked himself up whilst spitting out a mouth full of grass and what also looked like a centipede.

When he saw the reddish back of the insect Lee Hyunjin almost vomited the contents of his stomach (if there were any) but then he suddenly remembered the sorry piece of bread he planned to reward himself with after the exams that was waiting in the fridge at home.

Unfortunately he didn't even get to eat that bread. Lee Hyunjin felt regret and also wondered why at this point in time he was remembering the bread.

Well it wasn't like anyone was really waiting for him to come home. His parents had long since died of the plague that had swept their nation so he'd already fulfilled his filial duty and buried them.

He didn't really have people he could consider friends or people who would attend his funeral.

Really Lee Hyunjin's life was just too sad.

At last he finally calmed down a bit, the fall having given him time to really think. He was in a new place that he knew nothing about, a creature almost as big as an elephant but with looks of a jaguar was sleeping on his head when he woke up and .... he really doesn't know what's going on

He surmised that he had been transported to another world or that this place was the afterlife. Because there was no such a large jaguar in his previous world and even though just now he didn't fail to notice the strangeness of this forest, there were even glowing plants he didn't recognise at all!

But why? He was Lee Hyunjin of all people so why would he be picked to go to another world? Actually he was sure it was some mistake somehow and if it wasn't then he probably really was sent here to be a snack for the jaguar.

Lee Hyunjin didn't know whether to laugh or cry and in fact he didn't have time to decide whether he'd laugh or cry because his hearing, that was honed through years of listening out in case the landlord came to ask for the rent he hadn't paid for three months, picked up the sound of a low and vicious growl that he was now familiar with.

It seems my new 'friend' has woken up

Lee Hyunjin's feet moved faster than before, speeding away in a random direction, he had no intentions of greeting the Jaguar at all! He wasn't sure why but he was running zig-zag as if it would make it harder for the large creature to catch him.

Loud and heavy thumps followed behind him, Lee Hyunjin knew the jaguar was chasing him and it was  most definitely catching up.

Oh please!

I really don't want to be chewed to death in such a place where no one will even recognise my bones!

Come on wasn't one crappy death satisfying already! Why another one even worse than the last?!

Tears were already forming in Lee Hyunjin's eyes, fate was too cruel to him! Or so he thought....
Not far ahead he heard the sound of running water! He was saved!