10

Bakugous POV:

He probably shouldn't have said that.

His goal had been to provoke you and make you angry enough to let out the truth. But after those words had left his mouth he had instantly regretted it.

Right now you didn't even seem angry, there was an eerie sort of calm in your demeanor.

And that scared him more than he cared to admit.

As he continued following past the treeline he became more and more on edge. The wind began to pick up speed, and finally, you came to a stop and turned to face him.

He couldn't help the slight gasp that came out of his mouth, as flames began to crawl up your arms... and an explosion came barreling towards him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV:

As the force of the blast sent Bakugou flying backward, you sped over to where he was about to land and grabbed his shoulder. Using your strength you pushed him into the ground, your face hovering over his as he was struggling for breath.

Must have knocked the wind out of him.

You laughed, "where's all that confidence from earlier Katsuki? Huh? I thought you said that you were gonna prove that you're better than I am!"

You used the air to lift him up and throw him into the tree to your side.

"You wanted me to stop holding back? Well here you go!"

He pushed himself up from the ground.

"Who the hell are you?"

You laughed again, "I'm exactly who I told you I am, just slightly more powerful than I may have originally let on."

He growled. "How did you use my explosion?"

"Oh you mean this?" you sent another blast hurtling towards him. He narrowly dodged it.

You began walking towards him. "God! You just couldn't leave it alone, could you? You had to try and figure me out. Is it because I beat you in that fight last week? Are you really that much of a sore loser that you had to go all detective and try to find a reason for your loss?"

This time it was him who sent out a blast, but you appeared a few feet away from where it had been aimed.

"How did you- that wasn't your speed how did you just appear in another place?!"

This time you popped up to his left. "It's a new ability I've been working on. I can't do long-range yet, just a few feet at a time."

He whipped his head towards you but you pulled back your arm and punched him square in the nose.

He stumbled backward.

"You wanna bring my family into this Katsuki?! You should know better than to assume you know the whole story!"

He looked up, blood streaming down his face. "Then tell me the whole story damnit!"

"You really wanna know asshole?!" You kicked him in the stomach.

It wasn't robbers who came to my house that day, it was villains! Apparently, the same ones who attacked your class earlier this year!" You forced the tree behind him to come slamming down, and he jumped forward to avoid it.

"They came for me! They managed to catch me off guard, and make me watch as my family was MURDERED!"

You ran and knocked his legs out from under him. "I was held captive for months! Every day I sat in a cage while my abilities were stripped away by those godforsaken chains that they kept me in! I was completely powerless!"