Annoyance

Chapter 4
"Ro's staying here?" Sophie laughed inwardly at this, trying to imagine living with Sandor and Ro. That was a recipe for disaster.

"Yes, since Bo is helping guard Glimmer and you're in much need of a third bodyguard after most of them have had to leave." Tiergren said,

"Hopefully this will keep you from almost dying again." Edaline joked, not looking the slightest bit uneasy at her words.

I guess almost dying was a joke now. Huh. And yet they complain about her starting a war?

"Don't worry. I'll protect blondie. After all, she's the most likely to track down Hunkyhair." Ro said, stepping closer to Sophie with a gleam in her eyes.

"No one will go off by themselves. You all
hear me?" Mr.Forkle said, making sure she met his gaze.

"But does it really count as going off by yourself if you bring an ogre bodyguard?" Sophie whispered just loud enough for Ro too hear but anyone else wouldn't. Her eyes turned huge and a smile danced on her lips.

"And for now let's just keep quiet about Keefe, all right?" Mr.Forkle said and they all nodded, this was what's best for now. But sooner or later the council would find out, and that's why she had to find him. Fast.

After all of them left Sophie breathed a sigh of relief, ready to go upstairs to her room.

"Sophie." Fitz said, forcing her too turn around in annoyance.

Right. She'd told him to stay back. Just what she needed. Ro seemed to sense her annoyance and walked too Fitz.

"Hey captain perfect don't you have anywhere better to be?"

"Sophie told me to stay. She has something important to show me."

What? Since when did she say she'd show him the note? Grumbling she grabbed Fitz wrist and pulled him upstairs too her bedroom. Ro trailing them from behind.

"Gosh Sophie I thought you'd forgotten about us talking." Fitz said brightly, jokingly, which is why it was all so much sweeter when she whispered.

"Maybe I did." If he heard her he didn't say a word, but hurt flashed across his face for a second so she couldn't be sure.

"So..." Fitz said after a minute of silence.
"You're showing me the note right?"

"Well. Actually I never said I'd show it too you."

"Oh come on Sophie-"

"No. Not right now Fitz. I just... I need to figure this out on my own." She said, and decided to boost his ego by pleading.

"Please don't tell anyone Fitz, I have to be able to trust you, can't go trust me?" She said politely.

"It'd be easier to trust you if you'd show it to me but... okay. For now I'll trust you." Fitz said. And she nodded.

"By Fitz." She said, turning away, she knew she was being rude but... she had to focus on Keefe right now. Worry about everyone else later. He was the key to everything. They needed him back. Now if they only knew where to start...

"Hey blondie. What did Frizzy Fitz want you to show him?"

Sophie laughed at her joke, Fitz'es hair really had been extra frizzy today hadn't it?

"Keefe's note." She said carefully, still deciding over whether she should trust Ro. But she had spent so much time with Keefe. Perhaps she could find hidden clues in the letter.

Passing her actual note Ro's eyebrow raised. And as she read she nodded.

"I think I can help you find hunkyhair, but we have to stop somewhere first."