6

Anna's POV
-----------------
I jolted awake, god I'm sweating bullets. I need to calm down, "It was just a nightmare Anna, its just a nightmare, he can't hurt you. You don't live there now. You won't ever see him again" I tell myself over and over again. I need a shower, that will calm me down.

Right as sit up I realize the beauty of my room. I haven't seen Cade's whole house yet but judging by this room, the house is modern, dark tones, clean, and minimalistic. I sat on the side of the bed facing the big beautiful window and rub my temples, trying to figure what is real and what is just a nightmare. Then I heard a knock at my door, "Anna, it's Cade. Can I come in?" he asked, I could just imagine the kind smile on his face. "Um yeah, the door is unlocked" I answered politely as possible. I heard the door open, his light footsteps rounding the bed to close the gap between us, then I felt him sit on the bed.

I still couldn't look at him, I was still rattled from my nightmare. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes, normally I hated silence. It always felt awkward and uncomfortable, but with Cade it didn't. "How did you sleep" he finally asked "Uh ok I guess, last night was just strange" "Please don't lie to me" he said. "You were screaming half the night, you scared my guards half to death from how loud it was." he let out a small laugh trying to lighten the mood. "Oh sorry, you should have woken me up, sometimes I get bad nightmares" I said shyly. I was embarrassed he heard me. Whenever my cousins heard me scream, my eldest cousin would come in to 'shut me up' I shuttered thinking about it. "What happened to you Anna? Who hurt you bad enough to give you such bad night terrors" he looked concerned, like he actually cares. "It was a mixture of people, mainly my oldest cousin Martin, Brian, and my step aunt." I couldn't look at Cade, I'm to embarrassed him having to deal with my nightmares.

Once again I felt a hand resting on thigh, "You don't have to tell me everything now, but next time you have one, please come to me. Even the if this is just a business deal, I still plan to protect you." I finally found his eyes. And without think I jumped into his arms and hugged him. He jolted back at first, confused at what I was doing but eventually he hugged me back.

I had my face buried in his neck, he smells so good. He was gripping my waist not letting me fall. Then I realized I was straddling his lap. "Oh I'm sorry, you're probably uncomfortable" I say awkwardly starting to get off him. "No wait, I wasn't ready to let go yet" he hand once again finding my thigh to pull me back on his lap.

We stayed like that for what felt like hours, Cade made me feel so safe and protected. I guess this was the universe repaying me for all the shit its put me through.

He breathed out onto my neck sending chills down my spine, "I have to get to work Love, you are welcome to explore the house" he said quietly, still holding me close to his body. "Please don't go" I whispered pleadingly. "I have to, I'll be back as soon as I can. Ok?" he said while starting to get up, yet his was still holding me. He was fully standing now and still was holding me tightly, my legs had found their way around his waist to help hold me in position. "Ok, but 1 more minute of this please" "Ok, Love but then I really have to go" Cade said while letting out a small chuckle.

I ended up getting Cade to hold me for another 10 minutes, "Ok Anna, seriously I am going to be late for my meetings" He started to tug at my waist to get me off. After about 5 minutes of that he fell on the bed, better yet he was on top of me. "Opps" I said with a big grin across my face. "You're gonna regret that later Love" he winked. Cade propped himself up on his forearms, he looked me up and down like I was his next meal. My legs were still locked around his waist, keeping him pressed against me.

His eyes finally locked with mine again, he smiled at me "Collins unhook your legs right now" he kept smiling but his words were stern. "Or what Mr Grey" I said I ran my hand through his hair. He lead in close so his mouth was next to my ear "Or I will rip those tiny panties off you and show you who's fucking in charge" he was barely whispering. Then it hit me, I didn't have any pants or shorts. Just my underwear. My face turned bright red, and I buried my face into his shoulder, hiding the fact I was blushing. "I know you're blushing Love, let me see the cute little face" he knew the affect he already had on me.