003

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

  chapter three:the auditions !

chapter three:
the auditions !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IT WAS THE day of the auditions, and to say that Athena was nervous would be an understatement. She sat in the dressing room with Violetta, both the numbers ten and eleven displayed clearly across the front of their shirts so Carlos wouldn't yell at them. Athena's stomach bubbled with nerves and she kept wringing her hands together.

Violetta suddenly scoffed. "Can you believe EJ is saying that him and Nini have no competition here? Like, I get it, they're talented, but do they really have to downgrade other people like that?"

Athena raised an eyebrow at her. "Didn't you say that he was the perfect guy yesterday? And haven't you had a crush on him since freshman year?"

"Okay, that's besides the point. Maybe I don't like guys who are so confident that they're getting Troy Bolton that they show up in costume with a basketball." She soon noticed that Athena's leg was rapidly bouncing up and down. "Hey, 'Thena, don't worry. You're going to kill it."

Athena sighed. "I just don't know where Ricky is. He told me he would be here."

"And he will be," Violetta reassured her. "Ricky has never broken a promise to you. Why would he start now?"

She went to respond, but the room went silent after a knock on the door from Miss Jenn. "Okay, theater people. Let's do this."

The room erupted in cheers. Athena shared a panicked look with Violetta for a moment. Violetta squeezed her shoulder in effort to try and calm her down. The two of them hopped off the counter they were sitting on and followed the rest of the crowd to the auditorium.

Athena and Violetta stood in the wings, watching as Carlos taught a small group of people choreography to the piano version of Stick to the Status Quo. All of them picked up on it fairly quickly, especially the girl who had the number one on her shirt. Athena watched as the girl added high kicks and completely put everything she had into the dance moves. She blinked a couple of times in surprise.

"Great!" Carlos praised. "That's it for the warm-up."

"Warm-up?" Athena whispered urgently to Violetta. "That seemed like a whole number to me."

"Everyone, pair up," Miss Jenn announced. Athena and Violetta looked to each other, but Miss Jenn immediately shut them down. "Not with a friend. Theater is a community."