IV.

Chapter Four.

Saturday rolled around, and Xavia was up bright & early to clean her hair room. Her Nana knew how much she had a passion for doing hair, so she turned her old den into Xavi's hair room. There was a salon chair in there, a hooded dryer, a large mirror, tons of storage bins that held all of the needed necessities such as combs, brushes, flat irons, extra braiding hair, edge control, needle & thread, etc.

Xavia had it decorated nicely in a pink theme, and had a floral board mounted on the wall with an array of pink, white, yellow, and purple artificial flowers so that her clients could stand in front of it while she took pictures of their hair. Her ring light sat in the corner, already turned on and illuminating the room.

There was a tv mounted on the wall so that her clients would have something to watch while they were being serviced. Overall, it looked beautiful inside. She couldn't wait until she could open her own salon and build an empire.

Going to college wasn't really on Xavia's to do list, and her grandmother was okay with that. Her parents on the other hand would probably flip if they found out that their only daughter would rather do hair for a living than get a college degree.

Xavia felt like college was overhyped and stressful for no reason. Just because you had a degree didn't mean that you would be guaranteed a good, high paying job. There was plenty of people she knew that had up to three degrees, and were still living a mediocre life. She wasn't about to become one of those people.

As she wiped down the salon chair with a disinfectant wipe, a knock at the front door was heard. Xavi threw the wipe in the trash, before heading to the front door. "I'm coming!" She said loudly.

Xavia unlocked the door, pulling it open to see a very short girl standing in front of her. She looked every bit of 4'11. The girl was tiny compared to Xavia's 5'7 self.

"Good morning, you must be Hailey?"

"Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you." She smiled, showing off her deep dimples.

"It's nice to meet you as well. Come on in." Xavia opened the door wider, letting Hailey step inside.

Just as she entered the house, Xavia's grandmother was coming around the corner. "Xavi who's at the do-..oh hello!" Rose said, waving at Hailey.

"Nana, this is my new client Hailey." Xavi announced.

"Nice to meet you Hailey. You're a petite little thing." Rose pointed out.

Hailey laughed, "It's nice to meet you too, and yeah I tend to get that a lot. I've always been rather small."

They stood there in silence for a second, before Rose cleared her throat. "Well, you two girls have fun. Xavi, I'm going over to your Uncle Junebug's house."

Xavia chuckled, "Make sure to bring your wallet." She said quietly.

Percy, better known as Uncle Junebug, was the typical uncle that still asked for money and refused to get off of his lazy ass, even though he was in his mid forties. Most of the time, he spent his days laying around while drinking beer and watching tv.

With Rose being his mother, he knew that he could always run to her when he needed extra cash. Despite her not agreeing to her son's ways, she always came through for him.

"Trust me, I already know." Rose rolled her eyes, snatching her purse off of the couch. "Be back later, sweet pea!"

"Yes ma'am."

Once Rose left, Xavia led Hailey to her hair room. Hailey looked around, gawking at everything.

"It's really pretty in here." She exclaimed, taking a seat in the chair.