𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨

{the earth king}

{the earth king}

   as the three entered their apartment, hana could tell zuko didn't feel right. she kept her mouth shut, not wanting to set zuko off.

   "you did the right thing, letting the avatar's bison go free," iroh closed the door behind them.

   hana hummed in agreement. it truly was the right thing to do, even if it wasn't for aang.

   zuko held his hand to his head, "i don't feel right."

   hana could tell something was really up. it scared her. she has never seen zuko like this. sure, she's seen zuko at some of his worse moments, but this? this was different.

   zuko began to groan and stumbled around. he tried holding onto a small table to hold himself up, but failed. he broke the vase on the table.

   he collapsed onto the floor. hana and iroh immediately ran to his help, "zuko!"

   iroh told her to go set a place for zuko to lay in a different room. she quickly did as he said and placed down a large blanket, a pillow, and another blanket for him.

   she ran back and helped iroh carry him to the spot she set up. she left the room, wanting to give the two privacy.

   hana cleaned up the broken vase, carefully, not wanting to cut herself. after she did that she went to check on iroh and zuko.

   zuko was laying on the spot shirtless. iroh was trying to cool him down as much as possible.

   "hana please get me a bucket of water," iroh looked up and asked.

   she nodded vigorously and left. she found a bucket and filled it up. she brought it to him. she handed it to him and tried not to spill any water. iroh had grabbed a rag while she was dealing with the water.

   iroh set it on the ground and began to soak the rag in water. as he did that she watched for any movement on zuko's part.

   before iroh had put the rag on his forehead he began to groan. he stirred a little bit.

   iroh noticed this, "you're burning up. you have an intense fever. this will help cool you down." he placed the rag on him.

   "so thirsty."

   hana quickly ran and grabbed a ladle from their kitchen and another bucket of clean water. she rushed back to help iroh

   zuko tried to sit up but hana quickly laid him back down. she didn't want him to pass out again.

   iroh used the ladle and got some water from the clean bucket, "here's some clean water to drink."

   hana lifted zuko's head up allowing him to drink some of the water iroh was giving him.

   "stay under the blankets, and sweat this out," iroh told him.

   zuko grabbed the ladle from iroh hands and drank all the water from it. hana let go of him, seeing he was fully up and couldn't do anything about it.

   he tossed the ladle to the side and went for the bucket of water. he raised the water to his lips and it had already poured some out, so when he went full-force it poured nearly all the water out.

   you fucking drama queen.

   he threw the bucket and laid back down on his side. he had a bit of a coughing fit before finally falling asleep.

   hana and iroh took turns all day placing a wet rag on his forehead. they tried to keep him comfortable and cool, but it was hard.

   especially when he kept tossing and turning. he kept groaning out and it scared hana. each time he did it she was afraid he was dead.

   she watched as each time his face looked terrifying, like each time he was experiencing a nightmare. she wished could help him, but she couldn't. she was as helpless as she could be.

   soon, nightfall came. iroh made tea for zuko, who was barely conscious.

   iroh poured some hot tea and spoke about zuko's sickness as he did such, "you should know this is not a natural sickness. but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying tea."

   hana helped zuko sit up as he was talking. iroh gave zuko his tea. his hands were a bit shaky.

   "what? what's happening?" zuko was disoriented.

   "you're critical decision, what you did beneath that lake, it in such conflict with your image of yourself that you are now at war within your own mind and body," iroh informed him

   oh, so he really is a bit of a drama queen.

   "what's that mean?" zuko asked as he collapsed onto his pillow in a fit of coughing.

   iroh put the tea down, "you're going through a metamorphosis, my nephew." iroh shook his head, "it will not be a pleasant experience. but when you come out of it, you will be the beautiful prince you were always meant to be."

   zuko fell asleep. iroh and hana stayed with him throughout the night. at some point, though they fell asleep.

   when hana woke up, it was to zuko screaming. hana was startled and quickly was attentive to zuko.

   he was gasping for air as he sat up.

   "hey, hey, calm down," she put a hand on his shoulder.

   zuko put a hand on his scarred eye. hana frowned knowing he probably had a nightmare about it.

   "you should go back to sleep, alright?" hana laid him back down.

   he nodded and took a deep breath. he laid back down on his pillow and closed his eyes.

   i'm so sorry you had to go through that zuko.

lexi speaks;
zuko was so dramatic in this ep