Chapter 11: Songs

"One old song, a thousand old memories."

                                                                    -Anonymous

"Good morning to you too."

Your eyes narrowed dangerously at Jimin's sarcastic greeting, his signature smirk pulling on his features as he took in your less than happy state. 

After your little conversation with Hoseok, you were not exactly in the mood to be toyed with or "amused" as Jimin would so elegantly put it. 

Now, you had yet another problem on your hands. 

As if being mistaken for a siren and being kidnapped wasn't enough to make this world interesting, now you also had to deal with the fact that you had an extremely limited time before you were going to be turned into some mermaid's forever wife. 

You sighed heavily just thinking about it. 

"I'm not in the mood." You ground out, walking towards the wooden table that rested in the middle of the room, warm food awaiting your arrival. 

The blue-haired captain raised a brow at your attitude, clearly finding your misery quite enjoyable. 

He walked towards you, taking the seat beside of you and propping his head on his elbow as he watched you eat. 

"Someone is grumpy." He stated, sending you a smile. 

You ignored him, continuing to eat your food. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked, raising his hand up to brush your forehead. 

You jerked away from him, sending him a glare.

He laughed. 

"Do you want to tell me what exactly happened?" He hummed, moving his hand away. "Having withdrawals from the sea already? We've only been on land for a day and you are already sick? You are an odd siren."

"I'm not a siren." You snapped, turning to look at him. "I've already told you that countless times."

He only chuckled at your annoyance, clearly amused with you. 

You, however, were not amused in the slightest. 

You didn't know why exactly you were getting so angry so easily. After all, he was only being his usual self, but that did very little in consoling your ever-growing rage. 

You were angry. 

Maybe all of the universe travelling was beginning to get to your head. 

Was it too much to ask for a little break every now and then? Why were you constantly having to run away from monsters or be shoved into dangerous situations? Did you always have to have some kind of curse on you?

You knew that you anger wasn't all because of the Jimin in this universe, but that didn't stop you from wanting to take it out on him as childish as that may seem. After all, he was the main reason that you wouldn't even be able to fix whatever curse you ha to deal with now. 

If you told Jimin the truth, he'd sell you. If you continue to lie, he'd sell you. 

You could only be grateful that you weren't as stupid as people believed you to be and you could read the young captain like a book. 

Did he care about your wellbeing? Sure, of course. But only as merchandise. If you had been another stranger in the night, he wouldn't have given you a sideways glance and that was the truth of the matter.