part 40

It was night time.Deoksim was about to sleep when her phone dinged signalling she got a message. She sighed before taking the phone from her nightstand. It was Mark.

Time skip

Deoksim walked on the bridge above the Han river towards where Mark is.Mark was drinking beer while looking at the night view of the Han river.Deoksim stood next to him and copied his posture looking t the Han river.

Mark didn't look at her.He continued to admire the night view of the Han river."Never thought you'd come"he muttered taking a sip.

Deoksim rolled her eyes but put her hands on Mark's hoodie pocket taking a beer can.

"You greedy thief"Mark muttered seeing her drinking his beer can.

"Why did you call me?"she asked not showing any interest.

Mark sighed and turned back to look at the broad road.Still vehicles travelled in that night. He leaned his back on the fence."Just because"he muttered taking another sip.

Deoksim narrowed her eyes staring at him."You never call me for no reason"

Mark nodded lazily."I just wanted some company today.You're the only one I can ask such a favour"

"Something happened right?"Deoksim asked knowing very well about Mark.He never showed any emotion to others.Even if it is painful, he never told anyone.He never wanted anyone to see his vulnerable state.But today,he wanted Deoksim's company.

Mark chuckled.But it wasn't from humour.It hid pain.

"What is it?"Deoksim asked sternly. Even though they didn't like each other,still they cared for each other.

"You're so lucky Deoksim.You got a mother.You ran away.You found a family.Brothers.Love.Happiness"He babbled whatever comes to his mouth.He was a bit drunk.Deoksim could sense it.

"Mark,"she whispered not being able to understand what is he trying to say."I don't understand you"

Mark laughed and shook his head.But his laughter died."I found my family"he whispered.

Deoksim widened her eyes.She was indeed shocked.Mark was trying to find them for a long time.He did search for them secretly when he went for missions.But he couldn't find them.And now.Finally he found them.

"They are happy"he said with a fake smile."Without me"....."They even have a daughter now"

"Did you speak to them?"Deoksim asked softly.

Mark snickered. "Speak to them?what should I say?'hello mother and father,I'm your lost son Mark.And now I'm a mafia.Will you accept me?' Should I really do that?"

Deoksim looked down.

"They are happy.And they are only strangers to me now"

Silence.

"What if--what if they still want you?what if they are still waiting for you?"Deoksim asked in a whisper tone with a little hint of hope.Mark looked at her.He didn't know what to say.He desperately wished she is right.But still,he doesn't have any permission to go to them.

Mark and Deoksim were looking at each other.Both of their lives are snatched away.They were turned into killer machines.Puppets.Just toys.

Just then,Mark's phone rang.He quickly answered.

"Hello?"

.......

"What?!"

Mark's face turned dark.His jaw clenched with veins popping out from his neck.Deoksim was curious. Because he rarely gives a shit about matters.