Ch. 62 - Ending It All

Logan

A volley of silver arrows on fire illuminated the night sky as they were shot into the air. They flew as high as the bright red moon that was directly above the battlefield. The final battle had started with the shouts and roars being heard from the opposing sides.

I ran fast in my wolf form, my coat blending into the shadows as I looked for areas to sneak in. I didn't know how King Charles would draw Dexter out but he said Dexter wouldn't be able to resist the opportunity he would give him.

I crouched under a bush studying the rogues fighting patterns.
Dexter must've taught them better fighting skills because they were more organized than any rogues I've seen. I moved from my hiding spot and ran couple more yards around the castle.

I came to halt when I saw one back door behind the castle, that was my entrance. I let out a loud growl and charge at the line of rogues positioned a couple of feet before the back door. They saw me coming and charged.

I bared my teeth lowering my head and breaking their defensive line. I tackled a rogue, my claws catching his side ripping all the way into his skin. Another tackled me, I immediately switched our positions chomping on his neck and swung his body in a circle hitting the rogues.

I slashed a rogues eye out and saw Alpha brent and his pack pouncing on the rest of the rogues. He threw a rogue onto the ground and motioned his head.

"Go!" He shouted in mind-link.

I shifted in my human form untangling my jeans from my ankle putting them on and snuck in the castle. The castle halls were dark with only torches lit every couple feet. I couldn't feel the pull to Rose but I knew Dexter would hide her somewhere secure.

I silently ran down the first hall I saw. There wasn't any noises, only the ones from outside. I couldn't smell any rogues so the castle mustve been empty. I ran past the stairs that led upward and came to a dead end.

I ran the way I came and turned the opposite direction. The castle didn't have any doors or rooms, it seemed unfinished. I stopped running when I heard other footsteps. I could smell their foul stench, I ran in the direction of their stench and met two rogues running out of a wooden door.

They growled and I charged at them. The first one tried to throw his arms around me but I shoulder checked him and wrapped my arm around the neck of the second one. I pulled his head 180 degrees dropping him to the floor.

I caught the first one's fist from a punch twisted it backward and smashed his head through the wall. I pulled the wooden door open and almost fell. Instead of regular flooring, there was an unsteady wooden bridge going downwards.

There was no stable ground underneath it only hundreds of feet of darkness. I ran swiftly and carefully down the bridge the ropes holding it together creaking and swinging. I made it to the end of the bridge where a metal door stood.

I pulled it open and was brought to another hallway but shorter with only a single door at the end. As I walked cautiously to the door I noticed a body on the ground. The body was torn into three separate pieces.

It was Chase. One of his eyes was missing and his tongue was sticking out through his throat. I didn't know who killed him but I hated that it wasn't me. I wanted to kill this little f*cker for betraying Rose. Leaving his decimated body I walked to the large metal door.

I pushed it open and could immediately smell the massive bloodshed. Blood filled towels on the floor and a bed that leaked blood. I whimpered dropping the torch on the ground and raced towards Rose.

She laid on her back covered in a patient gown but her stomach was cut open. One of her arms was bent backward with blue color, her face was bruised swollen with cuts, her foot blue and there was dried blood between her legs.