C H A P T E R 30

[30]

A L A S K A

Another week passed by and the boys and I spent every single minute together since that day where we openly talked about our feelings

Another week passed by and the boys and I spent every single minute together since that day where we openly talked about our feelings. We grew even closer and swore to never lie to each other again.

I also started to teach Lex the basics and he showed more interest than I expected to be honest. For example his tail would always go straight into the air every time I brought the ball that he oh so desired. He was quite a fast learner and so he already got the 7 basic commands.

Everything seemed great but there was this one thing that bothered me incredibly. The assholes gave me an invitation letter to that mafia ball that was to come in two weeks. It was something that I had always dreamt of when I was a kid. I dreamt of wearing a long beautiful gown with glittering jewelry and decent makeup; of dancing with my father and brothers to slow music and to just enjoy the atmosphere.

But now it felt like a nightmare to me. Having to have physical contact with my father or those assholes was like jumping into a pool of hungry sharks, waiting to eat me alive. I didn't know their plan, if they had one or not. Will they take revenge or will they try to apologize? Will they speak until I am deaf or will there be an awkward silence? Will they try to hurt me or will they try to get my trust?

Hell I still didn't even know whether they truly regretted what they did. If they truly believed me. It was all so damn confusing.

All those questions were giving me a massive headache that was accompanied by this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. It told me that things will take a turn, that something will happen, yet I didn't know whether it was for the good or not.

Horrible.

It was gonna be horrible.

And there was another thing that bothered me. Xavier. I still didn't tell him about the whole mafia knowledge thing. I mean he was the leader of one of the most dangerous Mafia gangs.

He was the leader of the Italian mafia...

...and I knew about it, although he didn't know that I knew.

Ugh. Anyways, I needed to tell him but I wasn't sure how he'd react. I also wasn't sure whether I should tell him who I was in the underworld. I mean Leo, Max and I were quite popular there. The two of them were known as unbeatable undergroundfighters and well, I was known as the third member of our mini gang. We annoyed a lot of gangs already and we also destroyed many of their deals and stuff.

So if I told him who we were, how would he react?

"Hey, Sky." Someone snapped me out of my thoughts, wrapping their arms around me from behind and putting their chin on my shoulder.