14

Alister's POV

The moon shone brightly against the silk covered curtain covering the window.
It was a quarter to midnight and I was still finishing and filling out the heavy paperwork that laid on my desk.

This was the worst part of being a mafia boss.
The fucking boredom.

My mafia being the number one in the world meant there was no one who ever dare to challange me.
Pity.

I miss desperate idiots who think they can even lay a hand on me.
Or the satisfaction I get when I see their smile fall of their face before I deliver the final blow.

Do I enjoy killing? Yes.
Does that make me a bad person? Probably, but a mafia without blood lust does not survive long.

The only thrill I get now is from torturing some morons who think they can just slid into my home and kill me in my sleep.

My eyes shifted away from the computer screen as I searched my desk for whatever business paper I was on now.
There seemed to be hundreds of not thousands of papers laying around but there was only one that caught my eye.

Her drawing.

I grabbed the drawing from the side of my desk and placed it in front of me.
Judging from the fact that Kamala probably never had any education or even held a pen before, it was actually quite impressive.

The only reason I even knew Kamala's name was because I had to look her up. I did this with all my maids.
Only an idiot would let a maid come into a room while he's not there with all his sacred information and tactics inside.

Maybe it was because she was the most innocent person I had ever seen, but for some reason I couldn't get her out of my mind.

Fuck, when I found her on the floor next to the bed, I wanted to kill her.
If there was one thing I despised, it was disrespect. The fucking audacity to fall asleep in my room while she is supposed to be cleaning for me.

I was about to take her downstairs to the warehouse, but something stopped me.

She looked so pure and sinless in her sleep. Just from her sleeping position I could tell she is everything I am not. A good person.

People would argue I was the most heartless man in the world, but even I wasn't able to kill her.
Instead, without thinking, I laid her down on the bed.

My bed.

Even with all the women I brought upstairs, none of them were allowed to sleep on my bed.
The bed was where I was in my most vulnerable unconscious state and I was not about to share that with anyone.

When she woke up, I was angry. Angry that I had been so weak and didn't kill her.

That never happened before and I despised her for making me feel even a smidge of weakness.

But as she kept coming back, the hatred turned into something I couldn't put my finger on.

I couldn't help but want to be near her. She was so different from me and for some reason that drew me closer to her.

And then that fucking idiot tried to steal her from me. Making her his private maid, when she was obviously mine.

Just the thought alone made me want to kill him but I was smarter than that. It would mean exposing my weakness, which she unfortunately was turning into.

Shit, I couldn't even sleep with another woman without thinking of her.

Then she walked into my room with that huge scar on the side of her face.
I had to defy all my urges to make sure I wouldn't take the anger out on her and scare her.

I wanted to blow the brains out from whoever thought it was okay to touch what was mine and hurt it.

Because that's what she was.

Mine.

——————————

This chapter was shorter than the usual ones. The next chapter will be about Kamala and her shit but I just needed you to understand how Alister feels about Kamala so the nect chapters will make sense.

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.
:)