Chapter 17

"What?" I ask, blue eyes staring into green.

"I never thought being perfect was possible," he mumbles, kissing my nose, "but fuck your eyes."

I giggle and give him a kiss, distracting him from my rosy cheeks. "You flatter me," I hum, cuddling into his warmth.

"Did you sleep well?" I mumble. "I always sleep best with you next to me," he replies, making me blush even more.

"What is it with you and making me blush?" I laugh. "Can't I compliment the woman I love?" He smiles. "Alright then," I reply, giving him a kiss.

"Right, I'm going to get changed, I want somebody to help me get the decorations out," I say, wriggling out him arms and to my wardrobe.

"Wear blue," he says. "Why blue?" "Cause it will match your nails," he says, yawning.

"Anything will match my nails, they're white," I laugh, picking out a checkered pale blue and white skirt with a white blouse.

"Why not a dress?" He asks. "Cause I don't have a blue dress, I have red, lavender and green," I say.

"What does the green one look like?" He asks, sitting up. I huff and get it out, holding it up to me. "Wear that, makes your eyes look pretty," he murmurs, making me laugh.

"Sleepy you is my favourite," I grin, giving him a quick kiss before going into the bathroom.

***

"Go answer it," I tell Tommy as I finish putting the plates away. "Bossy," he mumbles as he goes to answer the door.

"I heard someone needed a ladder!" John's voice yells.

"Thank you!" I shout, drying my hands.

"I had to bring the kids cause Esme is off with her mum or something like that," he says, leaning the ladder against the wall.

"Let them in, just make sure shoes come off," I laugh, seeing them all stood outside huddled together.

"I'm Katie, that's William, that's Ben and that's Sophia," the oldest of them all tells me as she takes her shoes off.

"You're Uncle Tommy's girlfriend aren't you?" Ben asks, now sitting at the kitchen table. "I am," I giggle, enjoying how they feel comfortable enough to do as they please.

"Right, do as your told and don't break anything, me and Tommy will be in the loft," John firmly says to his kids.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I ask the kids. "You got any hot chocolate?" Katie asks me. "I'll make it if you guys help," I smile.

"Deal!" William shouts, making me laugh. I quickly get everything needed out and put the stove on.

"You're a nurse aren't you?" William asks me. "Seems like you guys know a lot about me," I reply, letting them stand on the chairs so they can see what I'm doing.

"We know your four years younger than Tommy, you work at the hospital, Tommy won you a horse, we know that your best friend is Jane Quinton and she's engaged to Harry."

"Do I have little stalkers?" I tease, laughing.

"No! But we will only leave Uncle Tommy alone if he tells us something interesting," Ben laughs.