Chapter 142: Off to test

The 4 members who are taking the Promotion Test gathered at a transport magic-circle. They were dressed in Kuoh Academy's Uniform and carried bags which contained important items for the test

"You will take the written Test in the stadium." Azazel informed. "Ravel will be going with you to assist you on some documents. The rest of us will wait on a Hotel near the stadium while the test is on-going."

"So we would be transported straight to the Stadium?" Erin asked. "Aren't we supposed to drop-by at the Gremory Estate first?"

"There was a change of plans. The reason is.. well, you guys are popular." Azazel shrugged. "Your relationship with Rias and even Akeno has gotten a lot of attention. They heard of your promotion and it's certain that they will flock around the Gremory Estate in hopes of seeing the group's arrival. You would be immediately surrounded by the media as soon as you step outside."

Azazel continued

"It's better to avoid encountering a large number of people. After your fight with Sairaorg and confirmation of your relationship with Rias, the media has written an article immediately. They also made an article about the Promotion Recommendation."

"Wow.." Erin had mixed expression of surprise and disbelief. "Are we really that popular?"

"Rias-sama is a Princess of Gremory, and she's also the sister of the Maou." Ravel explained. "And you, her girlfriend, is the Toppuresu dragon who is widely known for her accomplishments. The two of you who is constantly on the media's topic got into a relationship so it was like a feast for them. A lot of people are talking about the two of you and it earned the attention of the civilians."

"The media brands your relationship as a match made in H/H." explained Azazel in amusement. Erin grew confused on this and the rest listened with interest.

"Rias who is a Pure devil, a princess, and the sister of a Maou." The Fallen pointed to Erin. " And you who is her servant, a half-deity who is also the Blue Dragon Empress. They named it a Match made in Heaven and Hell. Maybe because of Erin's deity side or they think you guys look good together. Or the Hell part signifies Rias' lineage.

Azazel's next words surprised Akeno

"And oh, don't forget that Rias consented to a Harem. That is also one of the reasons why your relationship is insanely popular. Even in the Grigori and Fallen Angel side, they are joining on the talk especially that Erin's other lover is Akeno. Baraquiel's daughter who is a Fallen Angel General."

"The media describes your love romance as something that will surpass race status and gender barriers. It is a hot gossip topic among women." Ravel continued. "It seems like the topic is getting serious because they are even asking Riser-oniisama for an interview."

"I see... Riser is Buchou's ex-fiancé after all. " Kiba mused. "From how their engagement got broken off, the story would be something that the media would love to cover."

The twins looked around and noticed that Gasper isn't present

"Isn't the vampire here to send them off?"

"He left before the others to go to the Grigori's research institute located in the Underworld." replied Azazel to Tsubaki

"By himself?" Issei was surprised

"Right after that match against Bael, he talked to me while crying. He wanted to be stronger and improve his powers. He might be a coward but even so, he came knocking into the gates of Grigori. That is not some weak determination there."

"What's going to happen to Gasper now?" asked Xenovia

"At this moment, he is probably facing his own Sacred Gear under the instruction of the researchers."

The group nodded at the words and hoped that Gasper will achieve his objective

"Ara, about Ophis and the others." Akeno asked. "What are they going to do?"

"They are going to the hotel with us. It will be bad if they follow you to the stadium. Also, after your tests are finished, I'm planning to take Ophis to Sirzechs' place. Ophis said that she will go as long as the group is going as well."

Erin was mildly surprised at the development

"Taking Ophis to Sirzechs has a big meaning, right?"

Azazel nodded before responding

"Yeah. I want this to go in the right direction. I don't know what Ophis is thinking but this negotiation may lead to the possibility of stopping the fights. The enemy organization may also collapse and the enemies will slowly lose Ophis' power that was given to them." Azazel ran a hand through his hair

"I even want to thank Vali who had suggested this."

"Vali, huh?" Erin made a thinking expression. "For him to place Ophis in our care, he must be thinking in his own way as well."

"He must have wanted to hide Ophis. From a threat that is." spoke Azazel with narrowed eyes. Erin decided to question Azazel for a later time.

"Well, we better get going." The Goddess stepped back into the magic circle. "We'll see you later, minna."

"Wait!"

Rias stepped forward before the 4 can leave. She aproached Erin and placed a kiss on her cheek

"It's a charm. Erin, I believe you will definitely pass."

" I will definitely pass. Thank you, Rias." Erin smiled faintly and the red head gazed tenderly at her.

"And I know that we've been busy with a lot of things recently so if you like... um.. " a small blush appeared on Erin's cheek. "After the test, let's go on a date."

Rias became dazzled for a moment but she showed a very happy smile afterwards

"Yes. Let's go on a date." Rias touched Erin's face. "It's a promise. I will be waiting."

"Ara, then Erin, let's have a date on my room next." uttered Akeno in a playful tone and clung to Erin's arm. "I'm next, Buchou. Okay?"

"Geez. Getting lovey-dovey in front of everyone." Azazel said in boredom. "It sure is good to be young."

"We'll be going now."

"Good luck Master/Lady Erin!" The twins waved. "Do your best, minna!"

The 4 bid farewell to Rias and the rest of the group. They were enveloped in light and were teleported to the test venue

- End of Chapter -