Chapter 81

HA, surprise:3
I'm doing a double update🤠💚

Reasons
1) I dont have a lot of time to write this week
2) I want to quickly get done with the sad part and finally get to the happy parts😂

Also, I'm watching Chan's live right now an when the song 'Give Me Love' by Ed Sheeran started playing, I got really emotional
I love this song so much🤧💚
Especially after watching Vampire Diaries haha

Another round of questions?
I dunno, do you have anything you wanna ask me?

What time is it right now?

That's it haha😄

My heart was already beating rapidly against my own chest as the palm of my hands got sweaty

My heart was already beating rapidly against my own chest as the palm of my hands got sweaty. Who would've thought that I'd be this nervous to call one of NCT's members...

Yes, I decided to call the boys, but I simply wanted to check on him and make sure that he's alright before I tell him to stop texting me.

I should tell him that DRGNS didn't want to work together with them and that he should pass the information on to Taeyong.
It felt weird though and despite my conviction that I had to do this, I couldn't realize what I was about to do.

Thinking about the two options probably would've changed my mind, but I had already pressed the button and listened to the ringing of my phone.
I wasn't ready to leave the girls and my home behind.

"Hello?" the voice I've been waiting to hear sounded, immediately causing the blood in my veins to freeze.
I couldn't answer, but that wasn't necessary for the student on the other line to know it was me.

"Sunghee, is that you?" Renjun asked after a few seconds of silence, sounding more friendly and calm than I remembered.
Well, the last time I had seen him was when we were captured by SVT, I shouldn't be surprised at his sudden change of tone.

I hesitantly cleared my throat, swallowing the lump that has formed in the meantime.

"Yeah... it is..."

Not wasting a single second, he sigh in relief and started talking casually, as if we had been friends for a while now.
"Thank god, I already thought something happened to you. Especially Hyuck, he's used to being ignored by you, but this time he was really worried."

My heart skipped a beat after I heard the boy mention his friend, compelety forgetting what exacly I called him for.
It surprised me that his nickname alone had this kind of influence on me and I wasn't sure, wheter I should be concerned about it or just casually brush it off.

"Let's- Let's not talk about him" I somehow stuttered, bitting my tongue frustratedly only seconds later, wanting to punch myself really bad.
" Why did you call me?"

"I guess you didn't read my messages then. I wanted to thank you in person, but since we're not allowed to go out right now, I had to call you."

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked him confused, my forehead soon turning into a big frown.

"Taeyong set a curfew for us Dreamies so we're kinda stuck inside the headquarters all day long. Not that I could've gone anywhere with my leg anyways, but it really annoys the others."

"All because of the incident at school?"

"Yupp, after what happened, Taeyong doesn't want to risk us being attacked by SVT again. He thinks we're too easy to catch because of our age and wants us to hide for a while."

I only hummed at his sentences, remembering the short conversation I had had with Taeyong.
He had told me exactly the same, that he doesn't want to lose them and therefore plans on teaming up with us.
I hadn't expected him to be so serious about it tho and it was honestly nice to see that he was seriousy about his members well-being.

"I see...", I mumbled quietly, staring at my left hand that was restlessly playing with the hem of my shirt." Sounds logical. How long will the curfew last?"

"I don't know. Apparently it's supposed to be until the other guys finally get some information out of Jun, but that's where things look very bad at the moment. The guy is really fucking tough and just doesn't talk no matter what Taeyong tries."

Although my classmate sounded quite serene about it, I could tell there was a frustrated tone in his voice.
At this point, everyone was waiting and hoping for the same- the day SVT would finally disappear and never come back.
That day seemed so far away though and if I was honest, almost impossible.

"Anyways" the brunette tore me away
from my thoughts, keeping our small conversation going.
"You really saved my ass and I just want to thank you. How are you actually doing by the way? I just heard you got shot too."

"Oh yeah" I hesitated, not feeling too well right now. I had planned to keep the call as short as possible, but I wasn't able to get to the point or simply hang up.
I thought I had more willpower, but apparently I did not.

"I got hit by a bullet, but it's not that serious, only a minor injury on the hip. I'm sure I'll get better quickly, no need to worry. How about you?"

A small chuckle sounded, followed by an exhausted sigh. I knew he wasn't too well, but I had the need to ask anyways.

"To be honest, I feel like a zombie. I'm swallowing on pain killer after the other, but they don't really do much.
YangYang said he would go to the pharmacy for me later and get me something stronger. Wait, do you even know YangYang?"

Unknowingly, a small smile formed on my lips and tried to surpress a small laugh.
It somehow amused me that he wasn't quite sure how much I was involved in all the gang actvities and how much I knew about him and the others.
Especially since the new five members weren't known by the city yet.

"Yes, I know him" I answered still smiling.
"I don't know how to say this without sounding like a fanatical stalker, but I know all of you."

I heard Renjun inhale deeply, clicking his tongue shortly afterwards.
Not that I wanted to admit it, but it was nice to talk about our gangs that casually, not worrying about whether I could accidentally say too much or do a mistake.

"Not gonna lie, if you weren't a member of DRGNS, this would be more than just creepy."

"I can definitely assure you I a-"

"Who are you talking to?" an unexpected voice sounded at the other end of the line, paralizing my entire body within a split second.

I unconsciously held my breath as the well-known feeling of my painfully contracting heart sent an unpleasant shiver down my spine, reminding me once again that it was beating for him.

"Make a Wish" is stuck in my head and I cant stop singing"I want you to come join me" and "I like my donuts with jam in the middle"

"I want you to come join me" and "I like my donuts with jam in the middle"

Someone send help💀 lmao