14

"Sarah" the brunette frowned at her name being called out so she looked up to find none other than the warlock she's been thinking about

"Magnus?" She wondered standing up approaching the bars, she couldn't deny that she felt relieve when she saw him but as soon as she realized that this not a fairy tale, she stood closer to the bars, "You shouldn't have come here"

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay I know that this phone call was you" He admitted as she looked down in shame, noticing the change in her attitude, Magnus scrambled to say something else, "What can I do to help? Please, tell me. I will do anything." He begged staring hopefully at the brunette.

"There's nothing you can do, Magnus. I've lost everything perhaps this is what I deserve, this is the consequences of the decisions that I made and I was raised to accept the consequences no matter how harsh they are." She explained her eyes never leaving Magnus'.

"Hey" He put his hands on hers through the bars gripping it tighly, "You didn't lose me, we'll fight harder for this, just don't give up"

Sarah pursed her lips, shaking her head, "No, I lost you the moment I walked away with Valentine So no matter what happens, never come near me again." She stated pulling her hand away from Magnus' it took everything in her power not to hold onto him for any longer no matter how it good it really felt to be close to him.

"I don't understand, you told me you wanted this as much as I do, what's stopping you?" He questioned with furrowed eyebrows watching the tortured shadowhunter.

"Magnus, you need to stay far away from me, please, Valentine is never gonna let me go, even if I do survive this, he'll know" She said passing her hand through her hair still looking at the warlock.

"He'll know what?"

She looked down for a few seconds before looking back up at him, "That you're my weakness that despite everything I somehow let myself feel, He'll come for you, I can't let you suffer because of me I won't." She stated.

Magnus frowned shaking his head, "No, no don't do this, don't push me away"

"I'm so sorry, Magnus" She apologized backing away in the darkness of her cell until the warlock finally left.

Sarah stood in her cell with her head to the wall as she leaned on it, when out of nowhere she heard Jace yell, "Clary!"

"Try not to sleep. The Silent Brothers use mind control to haunt you with nightmares of those you've hurt the most." Sarag explained as she looked in exhaustion at the darkness.

"You must never sleep." Jace remarked, she sighed shrugging, "I'm used to it" She dismissed him.

After a pause Jace talked again, "Sarah, I.. I'm sorry"

"For what?" She wondered looking down at the ground waiting for Jace to continue.

"For ever doubting you. You were on my side all this time and I didn't even know" Jace explained trying to get a good look at his sister who nodded, "You were already forgiven"