english? nah - dream

Can I request one where the reader is insecure about the fact that English isn't their first language and Dream comforts them?

Requested by vxxlery_

Text in bold signifies speaking in whatever language you speak (if it's not English).

Placing a black of wooden planks to finish up one of the walls of his home, he stood back to admire it. The chat told him it looked nice, with a couple of donations coming in with suggestions on how to make it look nicer. "Hey, thanks guys!"

"Did you finally finish?" George asked, also streaming on the same server. Sapnap was usually online as well, but had taken a quick rain check because he had things to do today.

Sprinting around to the other side of the house, Dream smiled, "One wall? Yes."

User has joined your channel.

"Dream?" Came BadBoyHalo's voice through the headphones, "What was that thing you wanted to ask advice about? With Y/N?"

"I'm streaming!" Dream announced to his old friend in alarm.

"Oh shoot, I'm sorry," Bad said, "But hey this could be better, right? You could ask chat."

Dream looked unsure for a second before sighing, "No, it's more of a personal problem, but thank you."

Ignoring his friend, Bad began speaking to the viewers of the stream, "Guys, what should Dream do when his partner feels bad for not having amazing English?"

Upset that Bad had disclosed private information about himself and you, Dream kicked Bad from the call. 'I'll apologise later and explain why I kicked him,' he thought to himself, 'Let's just hope chat doesn't read too much into it.'

Immediately the chat began blowing up, tons of people throwing around advice, some others being toxic and suggesting a break up because they were jealous. You understood all this when getting into a relationship with Dream, but he knew if you had to see it then it would make you upset and try to break up with him.

GogyMan166 has Donated $15:

Why don't you try learning their language?

"Huh. That's actually... not a horrible idea. Thank you... Gogyman166," the streamer chuckled a little at the username.

"Wait," George intersected, "Okay, I'm not going to comment on that username. But wait Y/N feels bad for not having great English?"

"Yeah," Dream confirmed, "Let's talk about it later in private, okay?"

"You could say 'I actually think George's videos are better than mine' because it basically means 'I support you' in English, y'know?"

Thinking on it for a moment, Dream eventually relented, "...Really? Okay, yeah, I'll tell them that. Thanks, George."

"Don't worry about it," George smiled smugly on his own stream, knowing very well what it truly meant. 'Thanks phone translator.'

---

"Okay, well, this is the ending of the stream. Thanks for coming along, and thanks to everyone who donated!" Dream announced, waving to a camera that wasn't even there before ending the stream. He sat in his seat for a couple minutes before working up the courage and leaving the room, searching the house for whatever room you were in.

"Y/N!" He smiles, walking over to you and hugging you. "How has your day been?"

"It's been... good," you reply, thinking over the sentence for a moment. You realise your boyfriend looking really nervous and tilt your head, "What's wrong?"

"I just wanted to tell you that, uh, I know you're super insecure about the language barrier... And I wanted to tell you that I actually think George's videos are better than mine," he stammered out, almost as nervous as the day he asked you to date him.

"You..." you look up at him confused before cracking a smile and giggling, "You think George's videos are better than yours?"

"What?!" Dream gasped, outraged, "That's not what I-! Oh. Oh. He's a rat."

"Did he tell you to say that?!" You ask, before bursting out laughing, hands on your knees. You feel a tear come to your eye.

"Wait, no! Stop laughing!" He pleaded, chuckling a little.

"Thank you for trying," you say, giving him a peck on the cheek once he calmed down. "It means a lot."