2

Choi Jaewon sucked on her strawberry flavoured lollipop, crystal necklace dangling from her neck as she bent down to put her bag inside the shelf next to her bed

Choi Jaewon sucked on her strawberry flavoured lollipop, crystal necklace dangling from her neck as she bent down to put her bag inside the shelf next to her bed. Pulling off her jacket, she sat on the edge and faced the mirror, eyes catching sight of the chain shining from the front of her shirt.

Letting go of the jacket, her fingers clasped around the necklace as melancholy memories filled the girl's head.

Memories of her mother.

Not a day went by when Jaewon didn't miss her beloved and deceased mother. The woman had passed away in a tragic accident, leaving Jaewon alone in this world.

A sly teardrop trailed down Jaewon's left eye and ran down her cheek, leaving a path of salt for her to stare at in the mirror.

However, Jaewon's mother was not the only thing that had left the world that night. The girl who was once friendly and bright, surrounded by friends and happiness, a girl who dreamed about singing her own songs on a giant stage, was gone too. All that was a piercing attitude and the urge to isolate herself.

The biggest difference in Jaewon was the fact she had stopped singing, not her personality.

Music had always been apart of her life, the second she was born in fact. After listening to it all the time, she naturally grew up wanting to be a singer. After discovering natural songwriting talent, she was able to create her own music, weaving exquisite instrumentation alongside it.

But all of that stopped after her mother left.

Jaewon just couldn't bring herself to let her voice shine, or play instruments, when she shone brightest with her mother.  She couldn't do anything because everything reminded her of her mom.

All she could do was write songs over and over again, simply humming to herself and not allowing the words written on her sheets of music to ever leave her room. She couldn't even allow them to leave her own lips. Once pronounced out loud, there was no taking it back.

Once the mother died, the daughter died as well.