3

Choi Beomgyu sighed before turning around in his seat and looking at the sleeping girl

Choi Beomgyu sighed before turning around in his seat and looking at the sleeping girl. He didn't really understand why ( maybe it was the fact she saved his life ) but he wanted to talk to her so badly. She was the one person in school who didn't bully him.

Well, there was that group of 4 boys who seemed really popular and nice at the same time but they weren't in this class.

Beomgyu gasped and sat up straight, facing the board at once when he noticed Choi Jaewon flinch and slowly look up. In the corner of his eyes, he saw her glance towards him but pass by like he wasn't even there.

Why did she help him yesterday? Could she have possibly cared about him?

Beomgyu looked at the girl again before quickly shaking his head. 

No way, she didn't care about anything.

"Why the heck are you staring at me?"

Beomgyu jumped and widened his eyes as the girl he had been thinking about glared at him. She looked away from him and reached down into her bag, pulling out her favorite lollipop before looking back at Beomgyu with raised eyebrows. 

"S..Sorry." he didn't know why he stuttered but she seemed satisfied with it.

As the rest of the day went by, Beomgyu didn't see her since they both had moved on to their respective classes and happened to not share any together. He continued to think about her though. He was desperate to know why she would have helped him when all he was, was a nerd no one liked.

Speaking of no one liking, a random kid shoved Beomgyu, causing the male to fall over and drop his books. Instead of getting angry like normal human though, Beomgyu looked up to the guy in awe and admiration because this man, who had just pushed Beomgyu on purpose, was a popular kid.

Surrounded by money, friends, girls, this guy was the definition of popular.

and Beomgyu wanted to be just like him.

It didn't matter to him how rude these kids were or dense they could be when it came to people, he just wanted to be like them. Always having a group of friends, being the life of a party, having a girlfriend who fed him and maybe did his homework, Beomgyu just wanted it all.

He wanted nothing more than to be popular and he was determined to do it, even in a school like this.

The 'popular' kid scoffed at Beomgyu before grabbing the waist of a girl beside him and walking off, loudly laughing at something another boy beside him said.

Beomgyu stayed on the ground, a little confused. The only thing he couldn't understand in the 'popular world', was the fact that others were bullied. He wondered why but could never seem to come up with an answer.

Choi Jaewon was peacefully walking over to lunch thinking about what disgusting food they would serve today, when she saw Choi Beomgyu sitting in the middle of the hallway looking like an idiot.