Tom Marvalo Riddle

"Stay away from him this year

"Stay away from him this year."

harry pov

I made my way down the long hallway and down to Dumbledore's office. 

Usually, I don't mind when Dumbledore calls me in, but I was spending time with y/n so I'm a little annoyed.

Speaking of y/n, she and I have been spending less time together and more time all over each other.

Teenage hormones I guess, not that I'm complaining at all.

I pushed open the large door to Dumbledore's office.

"Ah, Harry. You got my message. How are you?"

Seriously? He pulled me away from y/n to ask me how I'm doing?

"I'm fine, sir."

"Enjoying your classes?"

I nodded.

"I know Professor Slughorn is most impressed with you."

"I think he overestimates my abilities, sir." 

Which was completey true. When we got this his class that day and got textbooks out of the cupboard, mine had been used before. By the half blood prince.

He put all kind of notes, recipes, and spells all over the book. It's how I've been doing so well.

"Oh, do you?"

"Definitely."

"What about your activities outside the classroom?"

"S-sir?"

"Well I notice you spend a great deal of time with Miss l/n. I can't help wondering if you two finally got together?"

I remberd back to his words from third year about being a future Lily and James.

"Yes, end of fourth year. She's brilliant."

He chuckled.  "Thank you for feeding my curiosity. However, enough chitchat. You must be wondering why I have summoned you here tonight. The answer lies here." 

He beckoned to a large shelf in the corner of the room. It was filled with tiny vials with a glowing blue liquid inside each.

"What you are looking at are memories. In this case, pertaining to one Individual, Voldermort, or, as he was known then, Tom Riddle."

The name sent shudders through me as I remebered the events of my second year at Hogwarts.

He picked up a vial of the shelf and held it out for me to see.

"This vial contains the most particular memory of the day I first met him. I'd like you to see it, it you would."

I nodded and took the vial from him. I walked over to the memory pensive and cautiously dropped it in.