PART 4: Double Trouble

A couple of years had past since the twins were born. Growing up, Kuvira and Sukara found that the fact that they were twins might not have been the surprise that the fertility spirit was talking about.

Wei and Wang had come to visit, wanting to meet the twins for the first time.

"Sorry it's been so long," Wei said as his brother closed the door behind them, "we usually only see you guys when you come to Zaofu, the last time was probably the wedding right?"

"Yeah, an interesting time," Sukara chuckled as the twins came hurtling passed them and into the living room.

"Well, nothing seems to be boring with you guys," Wang laughed, watching the boys pass.

"Boys! Come here a minute," Sukara called after them.

They re-emerged a moment later with wide smiles and heavy breathing.

"Yeah Momma?" one of them asked, looking up at everyone.

"We've got guests, I want you to say hi," Sukara smiled down at them, knowing that Wei and Wang were excited to meet the boys.

"Hi," they said in unison before turning and running back through to the living room.

"Gat, Zu, get back here," Sukara tried not to let out a chuckle as the boys sulked back to the front door, "this is Wei and Wang, they're Nana Su's sons. This is Gatu and Zurin."

"It is nice to meet you," Zurin smiled as he rocked on his heels, trying to cover his bases so that they could go back to their game with their sister.

"It is nice to meet you too little dude," Wei said, crouching down so that they were at the same height, "I heard you two are something of a mini me for us. Earthbending twins yeah."

Zurin frowned a little but Sukara saw an opportunity and spoke before he could say anything.

"Zu, why don't you show Wei what I taught you the other day," Sukara suggested, giving him a nod and a smile to try and hint to him what she was doing.

"But you said no f--" he started but Sukara cut him off before he could ruin the surprise.

"Yeah, not in the house, you're right," Sukara nodded, reaching out for the door, "we can go outside."

"Yeah little man," Wei chimed, standing back up and giving Zurin a pat on the shoulder, "show us what you got."

Zurin shrugged and followed his mother out the door. She led him to the pavement and gave him a smile as she stood back.

"You got something up your sleeve too?" Wang asked Gatu as they all stood to watch Zurin.

"Me and Zu have a move together," Gat smirked, folding his arms, "we'll show you after."

"Alright little man," Wang laughed, giving Gat a high five, "Show us what you got Zu."

Zurin took a deep breath as he settled in his stance. He made fists with both of his hands, his left outstretched, his right close to his body. In a sharp motion, he punched out with his right hand and brought the other stiffly to his side, sending a steady stream of fire from his hand.

"Ooh. No way!" Wei exclaimed, throwing his hands on his head and jumping a little, "that was awesome little dude! What a surprise."

Zurin smiled widely at the excitement and gave Wei a fistbump when he asked for one. He gave his brother a nod as they got ready for their joint move.

The boys stood side by side, each in a solid stance. With sharp and precise movements, Gatu sent a rock into the air for his brother to punch, engulfing it in flames and sending it flying away from them.

"You got some cool kids right there Kara," Wang said, punching the air in excitement.

A splash of water extinguished the flaming rock causing them all to turn to the door to see Voya standing with her hands extended.

"Yep," Sukara smiled, her arms folded as she looked between her kids, "all three of them."