Chapter 16

Author's Note

Because you guys were so lovely.
Surprise.🥳
Here's a long Chapter for you.
Enjoy and leave your comments❤️

••••••••••••••••••••

She smiles at a mischief idea.

"Let me in. I am outside your house.", Nandini messaged him and waited for him to see it.

She puts her hands to her mouth to stop herself from laughing as the tick becomes blue.

' What? '

' Are you Crazy? '

' It's quite late '

' Where are you? You aren't outside. '

Nandini burst out laughing before picking her phone to reply but she couldn't write straight due to laughing so hard.

She gets his call and picked up trying to control her laugh.

"Where are you?",Manik asked seriously.

"Ho..Home.",She said between her laughs and he realised she pranked him.

"Nandini",he said gritting his teeth annoyed and she started laughing again.

" Stop laughing. You are annoying.",Manik said getting inside the house and walking to the kitchen.

"So.. Sorr... Sorryy.",She said trying to calm herself down.

"It was funny.",Nandini said and he frowned as he whistled for Oscar to follow him.

"What you aren't going to say anything now?",Nandini asked as she got comfortable.

" You had a lot to say on texts. ",Nandini teased him and he frowned again.

"You seriously aren't going to speak.",Nandini asked after he kept quiet.

" At least hear me out. ",Nandini said pouting.

"Okay fine.",she said and looked at her phone hanging up.

He looked at it surprised she gave up so soon and frowned.

"She is evil.",Manik whispered hugging Oscar and he barks in confirmation making him smile a little.

He gets a call and looks at his phone to see its a video call.

He picks up the phone but turns off his video.

"You aren't going to speak anything. Let me see your face so I will know you are hearing me. Switch on the video. ",She asked with a small pout and a smile escapes his lips before he frowns and turned the video on not staring at the camera.

"Good Boy.",Nandini said and Oscar barked happily making Manik feel like her pet.

" Is that Oscar? I can talk to him this way. Show him to me. ",Nandini asked him and Manik turned the camera to Oscar who came closer to the phone to look before barking.

"He is scary now too. Don't worry Oscar you will start liking me some day and hopefully not scare me",Nandini said and Oscar kept staring at the screen.

" He is so cute. Look at his fur.",Nandini said as she looked at Oscar.

Manik turned the phone back to him giving her a glare and she realised she ignored him for the third time this evening.

"Sorry. Something always comes up in the middle. I wasn't ignoring you. Believe me. I was driving when you texted and when I got home Navya asked me to help her. After helping her I realised you were upset already and I knew it would take so much time to convince you so I decided to freshen up first as I was tired also had flour on me from the cupcakes and needed energy to talk to you and when I finally got free by that time you had got quite upset and I couldn't help but compare it with the scenario I saw yesterday in the series I was watching. The actress was texting the actor about how she was worried and upset and why isn't he replying and all that you did and the actor replied come down I am here and she runs down and they meet but that's not the point. You seemed like the actress so I thought to try it out but the only issue was I had a long day and I couldn't bring myself to drive to your house just to recreate this scene and then drive back again so I just played a prank. I know the timing wasn't right but it was so funny. I am still stopping myself from laughing. ",Nandini gave her speech trying not to laugh at the end and looks at Manik to find him staring at her.