thirty nine

"Sirius Motherfucking Orion Black!" A voice screeched so loudly that the other residents cringed,

"It wasn't my fault!" He immediately said, raising his hands in surrender, turning towards the girl, wide-eyed.

"What did you just say to me?" She asked dangerously, eyes narrowed into slits.

"Um- It wasn't my fault?" He answered questioningly,

"Not that! Before that!"

"Oh, Bellatrix's body wasn't found." He said casually.

"I fucking hate the Ministry." Lyra fumed, pacing around the room.

James immediately stood up from the couch and placed his arms around her waist, pulling her back to his chest and pressing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Calm down, love." He whispered, rubbing her side softly,

"Don't tell me to calm down!" She shouted angrily, "Do you know how dangerous she is?! I'd say way more than Moldevort! She's a psychopath! A very hot one at that!" She exclaimed, her face red.

"Sweetheart, your Bi is showing." Remus told her, a small smile on his face.

"She's really hot! But that's besides the point because she's a fucking evil psychopath!" She yelled frustratedly, hands running through her own hair. "And that makes it hotter!" She added.

"Can we not talk about that while me, your boyfriend, is standing right behind you, holding you?" James muttered, annoyed.

"Yes, please. Let's not call my lunatic cousin hot." Sirius agreed, staring at his best friend strangely. "She's not."

"Your opinion is invalid." Lyra pointed to Sirius. "You're gay."

"For your information, I'm bi!" He defended, taking full offense to her words.

"Might as well be gay when all you do is stare at Moony." Lyra waved it off,

Remus chuckled lightly at those words, before saying, "I agree, she's quite attractive in a terrifying way."

"See! He gets it!" Lyra dramatically gestured to him.

"He's the one who's gay!" Sirius cried out.

"His opinion is valid, because he's my favorite." Lyra shrugged.

"What about Peter?" James asked,

"W-what?" He snapped out of his daydream at the sound of his name being called, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Bellatrix is hot? Right? In her own crazy way." Lyra questioned.

"Um.." Peter blushed red at the question, "Let's not objectify women and talk about other things..?"

Lyra nodded approvingly at the boy, "Boys, learn."

"You were the one who started the topic!" James exclaimed.

"Doesn't matter because I'm a girl, and she might as well be my girl crush if she wasn't an evil bitch!" Lyra argued.

"That makes zero sense." Sirius said, shaking his head.

"Okay, knock it off. Let's talk about Nott and Rosier." Peter stopped them.

"They're safe. They'll be attending some of the Order meetings, just to understand what's been going on." Lyra informed.

James pulled her towards the couch, before sitting down and pulling her onto his lap. His arms circled around her waist while Lyra relaxed on his embrace.