Chapter 10

"It's been a while... dad."

Boboiboy was able to get those words out of his mouth. Yet his eyes betrayed him from trying to stay in his neutral facade. How could he? Not when he hasn't seen his father for six years.

But, how could he even try to stay neutral, not when his father's look shows concern. Something that the brunette hasn't even seen before her death.

"You've grown." Amato said, "You're 20, yet you look still like a teen."

Boboiboy suddenly had the urge to punch his father. Six years of him to not even show up. He knows of Amato's efforts to help him, yet there is still this urge to knock his father down.

Six years... and that's all you're going to say?

Oh, how Boboiboy would have loved to say those words. However, he couldn't, not when his brothers are here, and they're witnessing this. He didn't want any of his siblings to see them fighting. It also didn't help how Amato's solemn look is slightly making him tense. Not once did Boboiboy ever think that Amato still felt some concern.

Not after that time.

"D-Does Tok Aba know you're here?" The brunette asked.

"I was planning to surprise them." Amato replied, "My visit won't be long... but it's nice to go back to my family once in a while..."

Family?

How Boboiboy wanted to laugh. Yet he also wanted to welcome those words. Amato was still his father, yet it ached when his old man wasn't even there when raising seven of his brothers mostly on his own. Boboiboy couldn't always rely on Tok Aba and Ochobot, and there were instances that he wandered if Amato would one day come back.

How he hoped and slowly it dissipated.

"Oh... that's nice..." Was his only reply, biting his lip to refrain from saying anything unnecessary.

"Abang..."

Boboiboy turned to see his seven siblings looking at them, especially the mysterious man in front of their brother. Gempa, Halilintar, and Solar were now standing beside and behind Boboiboy's legs. The others were either sitting at the sofa, or standing, as they gaze onto the man.

"Wow..." Boboiboy then realized that Amato has now seen his youngest children, "T-They have Maya's hair... brown as yours too. But they also have my white streak."

"Runs in the family, I guess." Boboiboy muttered, as he pats Solar and Halilintar's head.

"They've grown..." Amato said, as he slowly walks towards them, and then kneeling at their height.

With the three near the vicinity of the mysterious man, Solar looked at the man curiously. Halilintar slightly glared at the newcomer. Gempa, however, was neutral, yet his eyes were pierced towards him.

"W-who are you?" It was Blaze who asked, along with his siblings, they walk towards their brother.

Boboiboy took the initiative, reluctant as he may be, "Blaze... everyone, remember the man I just talked about? That's him, he's our father."

Their eyes widen from the revelations as the topic about their parents were just talked about just a few moments ago. Yet neither of the seven seemed keen on getting close to the person their big brother called their father.

"You're our dad?" It was Gempa who asked, even if he's behind his brother's legs.

"You must be Gempa." Amato replied, as he tries to reach his hand forward, "And yes, I'm your dad."