4. Jaguar & Me

Contrary to his expectations the Jaguar didn't take a bite out of him. It only licked him. Actually it felt like it was cleaning him. The Lions would clean their cubs.

Lee Hyunjin was absolutely horrified/baffled and his entire being became completely stiff. He definitely didn't like it when the drool was dripping down his face but now he was covered in it!

Lee Hyunjin could only shed tears silently as he was given a 'good' washing.

After that the jaguar set him aside. It placed him in the corner of the cave behind itself. Shielded from the wind and rain coming threw the entrance. From these actions, Lee Hyunjin concluded that the jaguar was most likely female.

"So... you're not going to eat me?"

The big jaguar yawned and rested its head on its paws ignoring him entirely. Lee Hyunjin counted the seconds till a whole hour had passed then he stealthy made his way out of the cave after being sure the jaguar was asleep.

Because of the loud and heavy rainfall he judged that the jaguar would not hear his footsteps so he ran again in the direction of the lake.

The rain washed off the saliva along with its smell and that made him feel much better. "Does it think I'm it's child?"

Lee Hyunjin clicked his tongue and shook his head to get rid of the absurd idea. There was no way it would think that!

Whilst running he thought that maybe he could hide in a tree but then remembered the pretty teacher saying that some cats are also quite flexible and can climb trees....

Jaguars were among those that can so he quickly threw away the idea. Since the jaguar didn't plan on eating him he should put escaping aside for now and deal with more important issues.

He was hungry!

But just before he could reach the lake, he had a realisation.

He knew nothing about living in a forest let alone what was edible and what wasn't. Another problem was even if he did, the plants here were all weird! They were all glowing different colours even the fruits on the trees are strange! He couldn't recognise any of them.

Lee Hyunjin continued towards the lake. Maybe he could attempt fishing (which he also knew nothing about) at least then he'd get some food.... but he'd need to roast the fish and he can't do that in the rain.

Then could he make a fire in the cave? Would the jaguar be okay with it?

He doesn't even know how to light a fire in the forest! Where were all the convenient things? The stoves and lighters?

The internet! If only he had it he could search up what was edible in the forest.

Lee Hyunjin once again experienced the feeling of hopelessness. He turned back with his mood dampened and dejectedly made his way back to the cave. At least the jaguar was warm and he wouldn't freeze to death... maybe if it really thought he was it's child it could get him some food.

Completely depressed, Lee Hyunjin failed to notice that something was following him.

By the time he was aware of it another animal, little smaller than the jaguar was standing in front of him. It growled hungrily as it salivated.

Lee Hyunjin was sure that this one definitely wanted to eat him.

A fear different from the one he felt towards the jaguar made his legs go weak. He fell back onto his behind, his trembling eyes locked on the creature that looked like a wolf.

Why were the animals here so big? Did they feed them growth hormones?

Lee Hyunjin was shaking as the wolf drew closer to him. He could clearly see its sharp jaws.