20

"You were screaming my name all night long"
-
-
-

In front of me, I see Sam Mckinley on the ground, blood spewing from his face. Hovered over him is Cedric, repeatedly punching him in the nose.

I scramble over to them and try to pull Cedric off, but he doesn't budge.

"Cedric, stop, that's enough! You're going to fucking kill him!" I shout, but the music makes it muffled.

"Good," he hisses.

"Cedric, please. I'm fine, just let him go and let the school deal with him," I beg.

I know he'll feel guilty later for inflicting pain upon another person later, even if they deserved it.

That's the one thing people don't realize about Hufflepuff's. They're so loyal that they will go against everything they stand for to protect you, even if it means hurting another person.

Several students around have started to stare, but most of the party is completely oblivious.

Cedric takes a deep breath and sits up straight.

"If you ever, lay your hands on her, or anyone else again, I'll fucking kill you for real," he threatens Mckinley in a low and furious voice.

He turns to me and immediately his expression softens, and his eyes fill with worry.

I see that his knuckles are covered in blood, but I don't know if it's Sam's or his own.

He helps me stand up where he pulls me into a comforting hug.

"Bella, love, I am so sorry I didn't get there in time. Are you okay? Please tell me you're not hurt,"

"Ced, I'm fine, I promise. How are your hands?"

"I'm the last thing you should worry about. Is there anything you need?" He asks worriedly.

"I just need a drink," I sigh, my voice hoarse.

"Why don't you come with me this time?"

I nod and take his hand where he leads me over to the punch table.

I grab a red solo cup and fill it up with whatever drink the twins brewed this time. I don't care what it is, as long as it's strong.

I don't think the worst part was even being choked. Just remembering someone else's hands on my waist that weren't Cedric's is enough to make me feel dirty.

I don't like this feeling. I need something strong enough that'll drown it out.

I take a swig of the fiery drink. I recognize the taste immediately because it's the twins special.

They call it The Rapid Mix. They pretty much just mix every single alcoholic beverage possible into one large bowl. It's strong enough that just one glass would get anyone drunk.

That's exactly what I need.

The alcohol kicks in almost instantly, and I immediately start to feel better.

Cedric doesn't get himself a drink, but instead, is watching me with worried eyes.

"What's wrong, Ced?"

"That stuff smells pretty strong," he says apprehensively.

I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, that's the point. C'mon, let's go dance some more," I smile as I pull him to the dance floor.

My mood is finally back to what it was before. I, once again, feel like I'm in a fever dream. The disco lights have turned to purple, and the music has changed to a remix of Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood.