too early for an early bird

tw//mentions of chaos' ed 

three in the morning. that's the time seventeen had to wake up the day of mama, and to say chaos wasn't a happy camper was an understatement, even management was scared of him. they arrived at the place of filming around five, but he still was grumpy. chaos was typically a morning person but even this was too early for him. one of the managers told chaos to take a walk and wake up, which he protested, but the manager had already pushed him out of the dressing room and closed the door. chaos huffed and stuck his hands in his wind breaker pockets and began to walk down the long hallway. they weren't really dressing rooms, more like big waiting rooms that artists had turned into dressing rooms. chaos read the names on the doors as he walked passed; twice, iz*one, the boyz, ateez, got7, and even boa. chaos even scrunched his nose up after passing a couple of rooms like mamamoo and oh my girl.

chaos reached a room he was familiar with, the name on the front reading 'tomorrow x together'. chaos was about to knock on the door when a voice stopped him. "chaos! there you are!" 

chaos turned towards the voice, he saw mark approaching him, jungwoo next to him. "i went to your dressing room but chan said you were walking around." 

"not willingly, they made me walk around because i'm 'grumpy' or something. i was going to see if yeonjun would let me sleep in their dressing room." chaos said. he wasn't close with the txt members other than yeonjun, but they were comfortable around him and treated him like just another person which not many people did. "do you want to come to our dressing room? we have two since there are so many of us but every is eating breakfast so one of them is empty."  mark offered to the younger. "yeah sure." chaos chrugged.

chaos followed mark to the dressing room. jungwoo dragged behind, quietly having a conversation with chaos so mark couldn't hear. when they reached the dressing rooms, mark entered the one to double check if anyone was in there. once he knew it was empty the three came into the room, chaos immediately going to the couch against the wall and laying down. "i'm going to get some breakfast, do any of you two want something?"

"i'll eat after i sleep." chaos said to mark, knowing they made a deal earlier in the year for chaos to tell mark every time he ate. mark looked at jungwoo who just shook his head. 

mark left the dressing room to get some food and jungwoo sat down on the couch next to the younger's head. "do you think he knows?" jungwoo asked referring to the fact that they had been talking for a week straight at this point. chaos sighed and put his head on jungwoo's lap, he turned on his back and opened his eyes to look at the brunette. "no, he wouldn't have left us alone if he knew."

jungwoo nodded in response, sensing that something was wrong with the older korean boy he was talking to, chaos grabbed his hand. "do you not want him to know?" 

"i'd rather just keep it between us." he said, looking down at the younger. "oh, that's fine."

jungwoo smiled at him softly before asking a question that he was hoping chaos would say yes to. "do you want to get some dinner after the awards?" 

"are you asking me out?" chaos smirked.

"...yes?" jungwoo said, almost as if he was asking a question.

chaos flashed a smile, his eyes smiling along, jungwoo found it beautiful. "i'd love to." chaos responded. "good because that would have been really awkward if you said no." jungwoo said, letting out a sigh of relief.

chaos hummed in response, closing his eyes slowly. jungwoo brought his free hand to chaos' head and played with his hair. "you're gonna make me fall asleep if you keep doing that." chaos mumbled. "you should sleep, i'll wake you up before the others come back." jungwoo said. chaos turned on his side, still holding the latter's hand. jungwoo continued to run his finger's through the american boy's hair until he himself started to feel sleepy. letting his head fall back against the couch, jungwoo fell asleep. 

chaos' eyes fluttered open, he saw three blurry figures in front of him but he couldn't make out who they were. "lover boy, you awake?" it was mingyu's voice, chaos recognized his voice immediately. mingyu expected chaos to sit up real fast and deny everything they saw, as that was what happened when mingyu was the first person to catch chaos and doyeon together a few years back. instead chaos rubbed his eyes and stayed holding jungwoo's hand with his head on his lap. then he realized who the other people were, minghao and jaehyun.  "what are you doing here?" chaos grogily asked the older three.

"what are you doing?" minghao emphasized. "sleeping, goodbye." he said, waving his hand to make them go away.

"chaos, i think you should go back to your dressing room." jaehyun said, now the other 97' liners had a problem. "wait hold on, i know you might not like chaos but you can't just kick him out." mingyu said turning to the latter. "he didn't even explain it, maybe we're looking at this wrong." minghao added to mingyu's statement. "this isn't even his dressing room." jaehyun responded, confused as why his friends turned on him.

the three heard soft snores and turned to see chaos asleep again. they all sighed before they realized jungwoo was now waking up. jungwoo's reaction was exactly what they were expecting. the boy noticed them and shot up out of his seat, chaos groaned when his head hit the couch. "oh my god, i'm so sorry." jungwoo apologized "its okay." chaos responded, finally waking up knowing he would have to confront the three.

"listen guys, i feel like this is pretty self explanatory, so how about i go back to my dressing room and we forget this happened." chaos said standing up, still kind of asleep. 

"are you two dating?" jaehyun asked, arms crossed. "well you don't waste any time." chaos mumbled.

"not yet." jungwoo said softly. "we were going to go out after the show." chaos added. 

for jaehyun he couldn't tell if chaos was being genuine, but there was a very, very, very tiny spark in his eyes that minghao and mingyu noticied, they knew he was telling the truth. however, they were confused as to why chaos seemed so calm when this was the first time anybody had seen him with a guy, especially since chaos had never mentioned liking a guy ever before. "awwww." minghao said, he felt like a mom  when he noticed the small smile from chaos when jungwoo smiled. 

"what?" mingyu and jaehyun asked in unison. chaos' eyes widened and he shook his head at minghao, knowing what he saw. "yes~" minghao smiled nodding his head looking at the youngest in the room. "chaos smiled." 

"he does that all the time." jungwoo responded, hoping it would give them the upper hand, and it did. both mingyu and minghao's jaws dropped which turned into huge smiles.

mingyu approached the younger with his arms open. "don't you dare hug me." chaos shot back. "worth a shot." mingyu commented as he drew back to his original spot.

"no one knows, so can we keep this a secret please." chaos asked the three, all of them nodding in response. 

"come on, rehearsals will start soon." mingyu said. 

chaos said bye to jungwoo and followed minghao and mingyu back to their dressing room. "you really like him, i can see it in your eyes." 

"are they still giving out breakfast?" chaos asked, trying to change the subject.

minghao and mingyu laughed at the boy who was unknowingly lovesick... and hungry.