Chapter 19

She took a deep breath as she reached out towards the door knob, finally making her way inside the house. She greeted herself as she saw Hyunjae running up towards her, excited to eat some dinner his sister brought home. She smiled as she gave Hyunjae the bag of food, telling her brother give it to Jaemin so he can help to put set up the dinner table.

Nodding in agreement, Hyunjae fled off as Shinrae was taking her shoes off, put them away by the shoe rack. She entered her home and walked passed the kitchen, heading her way up the stairs. She scanned the area while doing so to see Jaemin and Hyunjae in the kitchen. Jaemin looked up and made eye contact with Shinrae, quickly shaking it off as he proceeds to help Hyunjae. She sighed, turned and made her way up the stairs to change.

The three enjoyed dinner with surprisingly no awkward tension between them, well with little boy Hyunjae being around, he sure do love to lighten up the room. Shinrae and Jaemin didn't spoke a word, the talked but not to eachother but towards Hyunjae.

"I'll tuck him in," Jaemin finally spoke to Shinrae, as she was currently washing the dishes. He stood there, waiting for a response but apparently she didn't give him any other than a quick nod. He turned around and started walking away.

Shinrae turned, side eyeing to see if Jaemin had left the kitchen. She heard the creaky sounds from the stairs making her release a huge sigh of relief. She quickly finished up with the dishes and went into the living room as she sat down silently with her legs up her chest, biting her nail.

She thought to herself, the fight between the two was very unnecessary. She snapped at the thought that everything she said would soon come to them, and there's nothing she or anyone can do about it. Shinrae decides to watch a bit of tv as she waited for Jaemin to be done with putting her little brother to sleep.

A few minutes passed and finally Jaemin made his way downstairs. Shinrae could sense him from afar as her head turned, to see him entering the room. He saw her all seated on the couch, scooting over to tell him to sit.

"let's talk," she started as she turned her body to face him, legs still up her chest with arms wrapped around them.

"im sorry about earlier, i was selfish," she said as she looked down, avoiding eye contact with him.

Jaemin stared at her, listening to her apology and recalled her words from before. He recalled every word and facial expression she gave him as it begins to sadden him. He understood why she felt such a way, he is a runaway kpop idol after all. Jaemin reached out to grab both of Shinrae's hands making her head lift.

"its okay," he said as he caressed her hands.

"i... will leave and return to them" he adds making Shinrae look up, with the two now making eye contact.

"not now, give me a year," he said.

"why? isn't that too long? what if they won't take you bac-"

"after Christmas then. let me heal, let me spend all the time i have left with you," he said. Jaemin's words made her heart soften as her eyes began to water. She chuckled with a smile as Jaemin pulled her into a hug.

Jaemin brought her closer to him as his hand caresses her back. The two finally let go, looking at each other with a smile. Shinrae's hand made its way to his hair, fixing a few strands. He didn't do anything, not a word with his eyes remained as it is, just staring at her. Shinrae immediately felt the awkwardness between the two as they were just silent.

"what?"

He moves forward, going in for a kiss that completely caught her off-guard. Her eyes widen at his sudden action but eventually she went into it and began to kiss him back. Jaemin smiled in between their kiss, wrapping his arms on her waist and with her hands around his neck. He began to push forward, trying to be on top but he began winced in pain.

Shinrae immediately lets go as she sat up, panicking at her boyfriend's current state. Jaemin had his hand on his lower back as he rubbed that area still wincing at the mild burning sensation down there. Shinrae rushed her way into the kitchen to grab an ice pack for him.

" you should control yourself next time, this is not funny," she scolds him as she gently placed the ice pack on the affected area.

"sorry, i just couldn't resist," he smirked as she rolled her eyes.

"lets go to bed, you can't sleep here its uncomfortable," she said as he nods. Shinrae grabs a hold of his arm with the ice pack on the other as she helps him stand.

"im okay," he said.

"are you sure?" he nodded. Convinced, she lets go of him, relieved to see him able to walk normally. She made a look, giving him the ice pack as she ordered him to go upstairs. He did what he's told as he turned to make his way upstairs. Shinrae went up to the front door then making her way into the kitchen, checking the backdoor just to make sure both are locked before turning off the lights.

"babe"

"yeah?" she turned around to see Jaemin standing behind her making her gasp in shock.

"jaemin!" she screamed in shock.

"what's wrong?" she said.

"your room or mine?" he asked her making her scoff.

"its up to you okay don't sneak up on me like that," Jaemin chuckled at his scolding as he turned, finally walking away.

"your room it is!" he cheered, finally making his way up the stairs.

"be careful please," she reminds.

"yes maam" he said softly before disappearing into the upper floor of the house.