Chapter 68

After that little chaos that had happened in the hut by the Niffler, Regulus and Alexandra both had a good time at Hagrid's, as he gave them some cake to eat with their tea, and they talked about their day.

     Regulus had already wore on his necklace, deciding not to speak about it any further as he hid it under his robe's collar.

      "How's Buckbeak, by the way?" Alexandra asked Hagrid, putting down her cup of tea on the large table before her.

     "Oh, he's doin' well!" Hagrid said cheerfully. "He's learnt how to fly an' all."

     "Ooh, can we visit him now?" Alexandra clapped her hands together in glee. "I haven't seen him for months."

     "Say what?" Regulus turned to look at her, but she wasn't listening to him, and neither was Hagrid.

     "Yeah, sure!" Hagrid nodded in delight, moving toward the window to his hut to look outside at the sky. "But we better get goin' now if we wanna be back before it gets dark. The sunset has begun already."

      "Where are we going?" Regulus asked again, but his voice was muffled out by the sounds of scrambling the other two had caused as they got up and made their way toward the door.

     "C'mon, Reggie!" Alexandra gestured him over as Hagrid opened the door to the hut and walked outside, meanwhile she waited for him at the doorway.

     Huffing in defeat, Regulus got to his feet grumpily, walking toward her. "Who the hell is Buckbeak?"

     "You'll see." Alexandra sent him a mysterious look as they all walked outside and closed the hut's door behind them.

      Regulus followed the two away, but he then came to a sudden halt and his eyes widened in shock when he realized that they were going toward the woods.

      "Are you — are you actually going to the Dark Forest?" Regulus asked hastily, standing at the edge of the woods fearfully. Hagrid had already gone through.

      "You're not scared, are you?" Alexandra asked teasingly, raising a brow at him.

      "N-no," Regulus said quietly, shaking his head briskly. "I-I'm just saying that it might be dangerous in there. I've heard there are werewolves in the forest!"

     Alexandra giggled at his state. "The moon's not out yet. And even so, it's not even a full moon tonight to begin with. So you don't have to worry about that."

     "But — but there are other horrible beasts in there, aren't there!?" he retorted, glancing worriedly through the woods.

     But Alexandra only smiled. "There are no horrible beasts. Only small-minded people." And so winking at him, Alexandra walked after Hagrid, disappearing into the woods.

      "Oi! Did you just call me 'small-minded'!?" Regulus shouted after her, but there was no response.

     There was only silence.

     "Alex? Alex!" Regulus hissed, but he found himself alone. So grumbling to himself, he finally gave up and followed them away.

      Quickening his pace, Regulus managed to catch up with Alexandra and Hagrid, making sure to keep a close distance to them, just in case something happened. He was scared to imagine what kind of strange creature they were going to visit, but he'd rather not find out.

     "Here we are," Hagrid called out from the front after long minutes of walking, finally coming to a stop.

     Regulus now stood behind Alexandra, which was a matter of amusement to her and yet she had decided not to say anything to him on the matter.