16

Jieun covered her mouth as she let out a yawn. She had a horrible sleep last night, even though she spent it in the bed of one of her soulmates.

She raked a hand through her brown hair. She looked over to the boys table. Sitting there was a incredibly bored looking Renjun scrolling through his phone.

Earlier she saw them playing rock, paper, scissors. When Renjun had lost, the other boys got up and left while he stayed there.

Jieun got up and made her way towards him. The boy lifted his head to look at her when he felt her coming.

"So, why are you still here?" She said after waiting a while.

Oh real smooth Jieun.

Renjun looked at her a little annoyed with her bluntness, but quickly got over it. "I'm walking you home."

Jieun's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh! You don't have to-"

"I lost rock, paper, scissors so....." He interrupted while looking out the window.

Jieun frowned. "You played rock, paper, scissors to see who would walk me home?" She asked, a little disappointed.

But the boy sitting in front of her didn't notice and just nodded. She grew quiet after that, "I have somewhere else to go before I go home, if you want you can just drop me off there and I'll walk home." She said

Renjun looked at her before saying, "It's fine, I don't have any work to do when I get home anyways. Besides, anything is better than helping Mark cook dinner." He said with a shudder.

Jieun smiled and nodded.

..........................................................................

After closing the store, Jieun fiddled with her fingers under her white wool sweater, her signature black skirt fluttering in the wind.

Renjun what his hands in his jean pockets, absentmindedly looking around.

After a while of walking in silence, Renjun turns his head to see Jieun out of the corner of his eye. She had her lips pursed, looking down as she walked.

"What did you do when you found out?" He asked. Jieun turned her head towards him, he was looking ahead but his attention was on her.

"What are you taking about?" She asked, confused.

"When you found out that we were your soulmates." He said.

It was quiet, Jieun didn't answer him. He turned to look at her, but she ignored him.

He went back to looking ahead, but his head was full of questions. Why didn't she answer him?

Jieun stopped walking when they reached a flower shop. Renjun looked up at the shop. She wanted to buy flowers?

Jieun pushed the door open, the many different floral scents hitting her, making her smile. The old lady at the back looked up after hearing the little bell on the door ring.

A wide smile took over her face. " Jieun! Oh it's so good to see you again sweetheart." The lady said as she looked at Jieun fondly.

Jieun gave her a wide smile. "Hi Mrs.Im! How are you today?" She asked as she came closer.

"Oh I'm quite alright." She responded. Renjun was watching them, not very far away.

"Oh? And who is this young man?" She asks looking at Renjun.

"Oh that's-"

"I'm Renjun, one of Jieun's soulmates." He said to her, his hands now out of his pockets and hanging respectfully by his side.