vii. out for blood

chapter 7 - out for blood

Octavia left Arkadia once Kane had informed her that Indra radioed. The reason he couldn't go himself, was because Pike was watching his every move. Except, he knew that the brunette had been aching to see if her mentor was alright after the whole massacre, so she was more than willing to take his place. However, nothing could prepare her for what she was about to encounter.

She knew that the massacre took place, but Bellamy and the others never explained what actually happened once they got back that morning. So, when Octavia had to tread through a field of dead bodies just to meet with Indra, she was certainly speechless. She quickly approached the tent where the warrior originally told Kane to meet her at, and when she walked inside she was even more surprised. Clarke, Lexa, and Kota were all there as well, and the brunette could sense the rigid atmosphere from a mile away.

"Octavia?" Dakota was the first one to notice her presence. She was in the middle of assisting Clarke with helping Indra, so she couldn't get up to greet her, however Octavia walked over to them. "Where's Kane?"

"He sent me." She replied, while kneeling beside the wounded warrior and sighing in relief to see that she had made it out alive.

Lexa finally turned around from her spot in the corner, with anger laced in her eyes. "How did this happen?"

"Kane lost the election to Pike." She sadly informed them. "Everything's different now."

"Your people voted for this?" The Commander hissed, but Clarke quickly stood up and shook her head in denial.

"No. No, I don't believe that."

Octavia frowned at her. "How would you know, Clarke? You haven't been here."

"Listen to me. The Grounder army is gonna be here in less than a day. I need to see Bellamy."

"Bellamy was a part of this. He's with Pike. What makes you think he'll help us?"

"He saved Indra's life." The blonde answered simply, before turning to face Lexa. "If what Octavia is saying is true, then Pike trusts him. If I can get to him, he can get to Pike."

"You can't just walk through the gates, Clarke." Lexa chastised. "You've been living with their enemy. If it were me, I'd kill you on the spot."

"I can get her in." Octavia spoke after a moment, causing the others to look at her.

There was a bit of hesitancy amongst them, however, soon they all agreed once seeing the reassurance on the brunette's face. So Clarke and Octavia went to leave the tent, which made Dakota stand up as well.