| 19 |

Christmas is next Wednesday and the more I think about it, the more irritated I get. I haven't spoken with Cora since our argument, I figured I should give her space before I try to speak with her again. I haven't stopped feeling guilty.

  Is is wrong that I feel guilty? She was assuming so much about Harry and she'd already decided she didn't like him without even knowing him. I don't feel bad for standing up for Harry, but I feel bad for how I basically screamed that he father pays her way through nursing school. I took it too far.

  I remember when she had told me she got into Rory Myers, it was passed the date of acceptance and Cora had only decided on Rory Myers after I had been accepted into NYU. She had said how her dad just put down a little extra money under the table and she was in.

Cora has always been a hard worker, but it was just never above and beyond. She did as she was assigned and never looked for extra work or anything to get her foot in the door early for nursing school. And when she realized nursing school was harder than she expected, she gave her father a single call and all of her problems were solved.

Regardless of her situation, I shouldn't have exposed her secret like that.

"Clover." Harry's voice snaps me back into reality causing me to glance over at him, both of us sat on his couch, my legs rested over his lap with my back against the corner of the sectional.

"Sorry, what?" I ask, his face soft as he looks at me, his hands resting on my shins.

"I asked if you're hungry." He restates. I let out a small sigh as I shake my head, glancing passed Harry and out the sliding doors at the thick snow storm outside. "You haven't eaten today." He continues.

"I'm just not hungry." I tell him. He sighs and sends me a look that causes me to frown, averting my eyes to my lap where I play with my fingers.

"You're still upset." He states. "Clover just tell me what she said." He sighs, squeezing my ankle which pulls my attention away from my lap, our gazes locking.

"It isn't about what she said, it's what I said." I explain, Harry furrowing his eyebrows at me. I sigh and pull my legs away from his lap, pulling them to my chest instead. "I basically threw her biggest secret in her face." I continue, Harry watching me intently.

"I just don't understand what sparked the argument in the first place." He states, gently tugging my ankle back to his lap, my other knee kept against my chest.

"She just gets jealous easily, she didn't like that I was with you." I tell him quietly, Harry rolling his eyes. "She started saying nasty and untrue things about you and it pissed me off." I continue, Harry's tongue running over his lips as he watches me.

"What did she say?" He asks, playing with the hem of my leggings. I shake my head, Harry lightly rolling his eyes at me. I don't want him to get upset.

  "She called you a depressed drug dealer and drug addict, she also said the only reason you hangout with me is because you want in my pants." I spit out quickly. Harry stares at me for a moment, his eyes narrowing at me.

  "What the fuck?" He snaps causing me to frown. I knew I shouldn't have said anything, I should've just sugarcoated it.