Chapter 10

The trip to her parents was as eventful as it could have been. The airport was crowded but luckily she had chosen to use her family's plane to fly to France and to say Alessia was in complete awe and shock at the fact that her best friend had a plane made her think about how she had underestimated just how rich was Paris' family and the thought made her even more uneasy and nervous about meeting her friend's parents.

There was a car waiting for them at the airport to take them to her family's villa. The car ride was silent and usually it would have brought some peace to Alessia but now it was just making her loose her cool so she decided to start conversation with her friend.

"Paris can you tell me what your family does again?" She asked causing the model to look up from her phone.

"A lot of things. My father owns several vineyards across Europe and has a scotch brand with his brothers passed down by my grandfather to them. The rest of my family are either politics or artists and other things that I'm not sure of."

"Wow. So how did you end up living in America if your family is here?"

"My mom is from there and when my father met her and they got married she wanted to stay there. So they had me here in France as requested by my dad and then flew back to the States. They moved back here when I was a junior in high school."

Alessia nodded as she swallowed and analyzed all the information Paris was giving her about her family, not wanting to miss anything.

Paris couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of her Scottish friend being visibly nervous about it all. She had been ever since she stepped into the car Paris could see it and now she thought it was time to give the short girl some reassurance to ease her so she put a hand over Alessia's leg that was bumping up and down anxiously.

"Al it'll be fine you don't need to be nervous is just my mom and she's the sweetest woman there is. My dad in the other hand is kind of a cunt but I doubt he'll even notice I'm there." She told her in a calm voice.

"I know is just that it's been a moment since I met someone parents you know." Alessia said still unsurely as her fingers fiddled with the zipper of her jacket.

"Just be yourself Al you are very lovable."

"You really think so?" Alessia asked unsurely.

"I know so."

Alessia couldn't help the shy smile that crept into her face as she looked away from the raven haired girl.

For the rest of their ride the air seemed to be less tense and more easygoing. Her blonde friend then rested her head on her shoulder, for the rest of the drive they just watched the lawns covered in snow while in silence once again.

"Miss LaRue we're here." The chauffeur announced before going out and grabbing the two girl's bags as they got out of the car.

The big villa of the LaRue family was as beautiful as Paris last saw it, the difference being that it was currently covered in a thin layer of snow along with the vineyards in the distance. Despite all the exterior beauty and how fancy her family's home was, the place was never Paris' home. At least it never felt like it. The more she ever felt like she had a true home was those five years she lived with Riley before it all turned wrong.

While Alessia watched all the place in the same awe as she did the plane as they walked towards the mansion. Paris got a hold of her hand interlacing their fingers and then gave it a light squeeze of reassurance as she was aware that despite her words her friend remained nervous about the prospect of meeting her parents.

They entered the big warm house and could now take their coats off. One of the house's staff came and greeted the two girls politely before guiding them where the lady of house was.