Chapter 21: Hatred

*WARNING*: This chapter contains mental and physical torture as well as mentions of traumatic experiences. Viewer discretion is advised please!

It was dark...

Where was he...?

Why the hell was it so cold...?

The migraine that awaited the teen as he slowly opened his eyes almost made him want to pass out again. Despite that, he forced his eyes open. Tired champagne stared out into blank darkness as John grew aware of his surroundings.

John gave a small groan when he tugged at his wrists only to find them being held in place by the thick, metallic brace bolted to the furniture.

He was still clamped down to this table...?

Damn...and here he'd thought he'd at least be able to sleep back in his cell.

The guards had taken him back for brief amounts of time, but other than that, he had been stuck to this table.

Guess they got sick and tired of all his fighting and convinced Keon to just let him stay.

It was no skin off anyone's back as long as he was present for when Keon wanted him.

John stared out into the empty room, his thoughts starting to get the best of him.

How long had he been stuck here for now?

He couldn't remember. Time seemed to blend together in a distorted fashion at this strange place.

Everything blurred together from Keon's mind sessions to Marcella's tactics.

The man would constantly replay his fights with the royals, slowly chipping him down. John had started to take on the idea that it was his fault. Though, the idea that Arlo had a huge hand to play in this was still fresh in his mind. But of course, Keon didn't care. It was still John's fault to him.

Honestly, John was glad the cop hadn't gotten to his memories surrounding her yet, but he knew it was only a matter of time.

As for Marcella, John had found out she was a master of interrogation. The teen was constantly asked questions he didn't know the answers to, questions that were bizarre or seemed wildly out of context. But that didn't matter to her. Even though his answers weren't exact, Marcella still seemed to find something of use when asking John about 'UnOrdinary.'

The teen wasn't able to hold back information regarding the book, the woman becoming particularly violent when the subject was brought up.

It was no use holding back so John found himself telling her about the infamous book.

But no matter the cost, he kept the topic away from his dad. Even when the woman asked about the powerless man directly, John refused to answer, causing the woman to snap on him.

He remembered waking up on the floor after that incident. He was in too much pain at the time to feel anything, physically and mentally.

But as time wore on, John found himself slowly dissolving into his inner psyche.

The voices in his mind had started up again, their words playing out in his head when his guard was down.

'Leech...Cripple...Useless...' they would whisper. No matter what he did to drown them out, it was never enough.