017

With only less than an hour left before the dance was over, the Wintersville students gathered around as the principal called for all homecoming king and queen nominees to join her on the small stage they had prepared to announce the winners. Levi quickly said, "that's my cue" before running off, followed by all the students rushing to huddle around to see the winner. Skye found it a little silly that people took something that wouldn't matter in a couple of years so seriously, but she made her way to the front of the crowd with Xavier, Danny, and Nini anyway in support of Levi and Hunter knowing how excited they were for this.

While the boys stood on one side and the girls stood on the other, the principal announced the nominee's names before opening up the small envelope that would announce who won. Practically everybody was on edge to find out the winner, as this meant everything because it's high school. Regardless, the anticipation made the students grow impatient.

The principal announced the king first, being handed the small envelope by the vice-principal. She urged that everybody remain quiet as she opened it up, then spoke into the microphone. "Levi Daniels!"

The crowd roared as Levi jumped for joy, quickly bro-hugging Hunter before going up to accept his crown. Skye, Xavier, Danny, and Nini clapped for him, cheering his name and saying "go, Levi!" Skye, shockingly, was actually proud to see Levi win, but she dreaded to hear the name of the winner for homecoming queen.

As the vice principal placed the crown on Levi's head, it was now time to open up and see who was the queen. The students immediately went silent, covering their mouths and looking around frantically in excitement.

She opened up the envelope, a smile creeping up on her face before announcing the name. "Nicole Myers!"

Everyone cheered once more as Nikki's name was announced, well, all except Skye. Nikki gasped in shock as her name was called, embracing the other female nominees before accepting her crown. It almost made Skye sick seeing that Levi and Nikki were the winners, but she had to put on a brave face. She just had to.

Skye didn't want to appear upset in front of her friends (she still couldn't believe they were considered her friends, just shows how far she's come since her fight with Nikki in August), but Nini knew something was up. Obviously, the boys were too dumb to think anything of it, but when you're a girl, you just know. It's like some sort of female radar. Ya know, like gaydar, but for sad girls.

"Who is that?" Nini whispered to Skye.

"My ex-best friend." She replied, not even batting an eye.

The principal called for the king and queen to share a slow dance, having a small light shine on them as everyone circled around them. Skye, still standing in the front, watches as Levi places one hand on Nikki's waist and uses the other to clasp her hand. Nikki's boyfriend, Victor, yells out "don't go stealing my girl, Daniels!" from the other side of the circle, producing a laugh from the other students.

"I won't, I won't." Levi rolled his eyes, then turned his attention to Nikki who looked up at him with a smile. Skye couldn't explain why this made her blood practically boil. Why couldn't she stand this? It was her ex-best friend and her friend (who just so happened to be her date) that she was actually getting along with slow dancing together while everyone watched. Not exactly how Skye imagined this dance going.

Skye watched with a faint frown, trying her best to be positive and not tear up. She had to be happy for Levi. He spoke so many times about how much he wanted this. She even remembered him saying he wanted it so bad because he wanted to live like his favorite eighties and nineties high school movies. He was surely living it, but not in the way Skye wanted him to.