Chapter 13 - Voice

Wilbur's POV
Final night of the week. He didn't know why they weren't open on Saterdays and Sundays since those were non-school days and Freddy Fazbear's was a childrens company, but hey, he didn't really mind.

Wilbur had noticed that his friend, his partner at the pizzeria, had been acting very.. off.

No, it wasn't big changes, like change in attitude or appearance or voice. He was just.. more quiet, recently.

12am
Wilbur just made it to the office by the time the lights shut off, and to his surprise Tommy was already sitting in the chair.

"Oh hey, you're early," Wilbur commented.

Tommy looked at him, silent and emotionless, and turned back to the monitor, his movements stiff. Wilbur stood there awkwardly.

"Fifth night on the job..! How do you feel?" Wilbur exclaimed in an attempt to get a reaction out of the kid.

He didn't respond, of course. The male frowned, but didn't rest on it. He walked over to stand beside Tommy, who was sitting in the office chair.

However, he wanted to talk about how Tommy had stood in front of a literal animatronic and had not gotten torn apart.

Ever since the Puppet had lunged at Tommy and disappeared, he'd been acting very, very strange. And he was somehow protected from the animatronics? Why was Wilbur the main target now?

He flicked on the flashlight, shining it down the hall, and let out a small yelp as he saw Withered Foxy standing in the center. In a panic, Wilbur flickered the light at the robot, on off, on off.

It let out a low, radio like noise before disappearing back into the shadows. Wilbur blinked, letting his shoulders relax a tad bit.

"..huh. Cool," was all Wilbur could say with another concerned glance at Tommy.

1am

They had another few encounters with the animatronics. Mangle was in the hall, hanging from the right corner, staring into the office.

Tommy had still hardly moved as well.

Wilbur paused as he heard shuffling in the vents. He realized what was about to happen and grabbed the Freddy mask, stuffing his head into it.

He saw something blue crawl out of the vents. He tried to stay as still as he could, watching the animatronics soulless eyes slowly scratch over the office. It ignored Tommy completely, staring at Wilbur for only a moment before disappearing back into the hallway.

Wilbur was about to take the Freddy mask off as it was beginning to clog his oxygen but another animatronic entered the office, staring directly at him.

The male went still again, holding his breath. It looked like Freddy, but.. more destroyed.

He felt himself begin to feel lightheaded as the animatronic left. He waited for as long as he dared before yanking off the mask, gasping for breath.

To his worry, Tommy didn't even looked up to check on him. Wilbur cast yet another anxious glance at the child, desperate for some kind of reaction.

3am
The next few hours were.. pretty eventful. Multiple animatronics stopped by in the timespan of a few hours.

Although, he wasn't expecting what happened next.

Red alarms suddenly started flashing, a loud, blaring noise ringing in his ears. Wilbur recoiled, trying to cover his ears. He saw both vents slam shut and the front hall door began to slowly lower, shutting them both in.