4

Over the next few days, Choi Beomgyu continued to follow around Choi Jaewon to the point where she wanted nothing more than to punch his stupid face and watch him cry

Over the next few days, Choi Beomgyu continued to follow around Choi Jaewon to the point where she wanted nothing more than to punch his stupid face and watch him cry. Nothing changed though. He followed her, she refused to acknowledge him. Something that did bother her though was the fact that a few people started to think that Beomgyu was dating her or that they were close friends since now they were always seen together. Of course, that wasn't true, but no one really cared to listen as the new gossip spread every day.

Finally, Jaewon had enough of the boy. 

She turned around, him nearly crashing into her, and straight up glared at him with her arms crossed, her signature pose. Pushing her strawberry lollipop to the left side of her mouth, she spoke. 

"Will you stop?" Jaewon asked, voice sounding annoyed, which was exactly how she felt.

"Not unless you help me!" Beomgyu replied, also trying to cross his arms to look strong but failing miserably. 

Choi Jaewon rolled her eyes and walked into her next class which ( thank god too ), she didn't have with Beomgyu. The boy following her huffed in frustration before turning around and heading back up the hallway to his own class, promising himself to come back to bother her during next period, lunch. 

Jaewon sighed in relief when she saw Beomgyu disappear and took a seat in her designated placing next to some brown haired kid who she was sure was one of the four nicest and popular kids in school. 

The boy glanced at her but she didn't even spare a look as she was quick to lay her head on the oak wood desk to fall asleep. The teacher walked into the class, glanced towards the now sleeping girl, and sighed before grabbing a marker to write down today's lesson. 

An hour went by pretty quickly and before she knew it, Beomgyu had already ran into the classroom and started knocking on her desk, disturbing her peaceful sleep. 

Jaewon's head shot up ready to scold the male, only to realize how close Beomgyu was to her face. Without warning, she felt her cheeks warm up at the close proximity of her and the boy and she was quick to scoot back, wondering why her heart was beating at this abnormal pace. 

"What do you want now?" she snapped, making sure her voice didn't stutter as she stood up and grabbed her backpack. 

She didn't want to think about what just happened at all. She wanted to completely ignore that moment with Beomgyu. 

The said male looked at her and stood up straight, fixing the plain brown shirt he had been wearing and making sure it was tucked into his grey pants. 

Jaewon thought 'no wonder he's always bullied when he wears clothes like that' but didn't say anything to Beomgyu. 

She instead walked out of the classroom and towards the cafeteria, stomach rumbling but knowing deep down it would never receive good food. She entered the lunch line, Beomgyu following close behind, waiting for her turn to get food. 

"When will you stop following me?" she asked with her infamous rude voice. 

"When you decide to help me?" Beomgyu replied, as if he was waiting for her to talk. 

After being served the food, they both walked to the back table, not side by side but Beomgyu following, and sat down. By now, Jaewon was used to having Beomgyu sit by her since he had been doing it for the past week. Although it did bother her at first, she was honestly starting to get used to the constant presence and bugging that came with him. 

Choi Beomgyu refused to back down. No matter what, he would get her help and he would rise up the social ranks in this school. He wanted to be popular and loved and no one was going to stop him from doing so. 

"Jaewon-ah, help me please." Beomgyu said, attempting aegyo.

That's how far he was willing to go. 

Choi Jaewon struggled immensely, trying not to give in and laugh at the stupid face expressions the idiot in front of her was making. 

"Stop, you look dumb." she said to him, looking down at her food and feeling her lips tug at her cheeks. 

"I see you smiling!" Beomgyu exclaimed, a grin reaching his own face. 

Jaewon was quick to get rid of any emotion and rolled her eyes, another famous gesture that she often displayed. 

"No, I'm not." she said to him, and glared at him again. 

Really, Jeawon didn't have a reason to always be so annoyed with Beomgyu, but if she told him that, he would probably take it was an opportunity to try and be friends with her again. So, she stayed annoyed and shot him glares, anything to make him get the idea she didn't like him. 

but this boy simply would not give up.

When Beomgyu wanted something, he would do anything to get it and that included receiving help from a girl who was as cold as ice. 

"Ok look, I'll help you if you leave me alone after this is all over." Jaewon finally gave in, looking at Beomgyu. 

The male instantly smiled, cheering a bit at the acceptance of the girl even though it had taken a whole week to receive it. 

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Beomgyu yelled, voice getting louder at every 'thank you'. 

Jaewon rolled her eyes but with a sudden thought, she realized that on the inside, she lowkey found it cute. Furious with herself for thinking such a thing, she immediately turned around and walked off towards her home, Beomgyu yelling out goodbye before going towards his own. 

The rest of the classes for the day had been cancelled due to some teachers event so all the students were preparing to head back to their homes. 

As Jaewon walked towards her house, a dreadful feeling planted itself into her gut as she remembered what would be waiting for her once she arrived.

A drunk father and no food. 

Of course, it wasn't always like this. When Jaewon's mother had died, her father became a little bit over mad, leading him to losing his job and coming home drunk every night. Losing the job of course led to no more money which led to financial problems leaving Jaewon very lifeless. 

She didn't eat enough, she couldn't sleep well, and she didn't have love from anyone since her father barely acknowledge her presence anymore. 

but that was just life for her now.

Suddenly, sheets of cold water started to pour down from the sky. Jaewon smiled for the first time in a while and her cheeks ached at the sudden movement. Dropping her now wet bag, she held her arms out and freely laughed, loving the feeling of becoming wetter by the second and the feeling of everything impure, becoming pure. 

Rain.

How alluring.

Choi Yeonjun watched Jaewon as the girl smiled and stood still, arms open in acceptance of the rain. He had been hiding under the bus stop nearby, waiting for the sudden shower to pass, but the sight of the school's 'cold queen' had caught his attention. 

Yeonjun couldn't help but think that her smile and laughter was the most beautiful thing in the world and for some reason, he felt a pain in his heart as he thought of whatever had been the reason she stopped being this happy. 

So, Yeonjun watched this new side of the girl and Jaewon continued smiling, oblivious to the boy nearby. 

Both felt a tug of happiness but for different reasons.