the nap

The microwave beeping rings out around your empty kitchen, and you shove your phone in your pocket, crossing to the microwave

The microwave beeping rings out around your empty kitchen, and you shove your phone in your pocket, crossing to the microwave. You open it and pull out your leftover Thai food before grabbing a fork, heading over to your couch. Sitting crisscross, you turn on Grey's Anatomy, leaning back on your couch as you let the sounds of season 2 Meredith Grey fill your living room.

You take a big bite of your food before chewing slowly, pulling your phone out of your pocket. You haven't heard from Spencer in a couple days, and truth be told, you kinda miss talking to him. You know what he does is dangerous and stressful, and you hope he's okay.

You take a sip of your wine before setting the glass back on the table, twirling your fork around the noodles again before taking some into your mouth. You chew slowly, taking in the show you've already watched three times before when a knock sounds at your door.

You crease your eyebrows, setting your bowl of food down and standing up, crossing to the door and opening it to see a very disheveled Spencer Reid.

He looks awful. His hair is a mess, his face red and splotchy, the bags under his eyes not only puffy, but darker than usual. His tie is loose around his neck, his shirt untucked from his pants. He doesn't even look at you, his eyes glued to the ground, his hands in tight fists around the hem of his shirt.

"Spencer? Are you okay?"

He hesitates a moment, almost like the wheels in his brain are trying to catch up with your words. After a moment, he shakes his head, his face scrunching up like he's going to cry. You gently take his hand, pulling him into your apartment before closing the door. He stands there, his hands still gripping his shirt, and you put your arms on his shoulders, eyes searching his face.

"Do you need a hug? What can I do?"

Slowly, he drags his hazel eyes up from the floor to your face, and you see his lower lip tremble slightly, his grip slowly loosening from his shirt. You gently move your arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. He hesitates a moment before wrapping his arms around you, hugging you tightly, his face buried into the crook of your neck. You don't even realize he's crying until you feel his body shaking.

You put one hand on the back of his head, stroking his hair slowly. "It's okay; I'm here."

You don't even know what's wrong with him, but at the moment, prying into his personal life isn't your biggest concern. You hug him for who knows how long, his hands curled into tight fists at your back, clutching the fabric of your shirt like you might disappear if he lets go. He's so tall, you have to stand on your tiptoes, Spencer practically lifting you off the floor as he hugs you.

After several minutes, he releases you, pulling away to wipe his face. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come here."

You cup his cheek with your hand, wiping away a tear. "Don't apologize for being human. And you can always come here, Spencer. Let's sit, okay?"